Planning Wrestlemania 2019

kostan

7 minutes ago, The Dart said:

Mine is a mobile ticket and was the last 2 years.

Fair enough maybe I've just completely ignored that since they've started giving the option.  I'm an avid ticket collector anyway so having a physical ticket for Mania is important to me.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, here’s a weather update as this time in 7 days Mania will have started.

It’s cold and it’s windy and it was wet until about 4pm today.  Let’s assume it’s exactly like this next Sunday and you’re sitting in the sky for over 7 hours until gone midnight, like me....bring something warm to wear!  And a hat.  And gloves.  And a duvet.

May have a serious last minute blunder here.

Anyone who's staying at the Pod Times Square and booked through booking.com - Did you complete a credit card authorisation form? Turns out it's in the fine print on the listing, but isn't mentioned at all in my confirmation email.

Shitting a brick that I'm gonna arrive in New York with nowhere to stay now.

14 minutes ago, neil is brill said:

Anyone who's staying at the Pod Times Square and booked through booking.com - Did you complete a credit card authorisation form? Turns out it's in the fine print on the listing, but isn't mentioned at all in my confirmation email.

Mate just give the hotel a call or contact through the booking.com messaging service and double check your booking is secure.  Sure it will be fine.  What day do you check in?

8 minutes ago, Bohan said:

Mate just give the hotel a call or contact through the booking.com messaging service and double check your booking is secure.  Sure it will be fine.  What day do you check in?

Checking in on Thursday. I'm very tempted to cancel it now and pay upfront for the Holiday Inn round the corner whilst I can still get it for ÂŁ800. I've sent them an email, hopefully they'll reply tomorrow. Can't believe I didn't spot this sooner.

15 hours ago, neil is brill said:

Hi Neil,

I seen this message and had a panic. I called the hotel, the credit authorisarion and payment is not taken until arrival 

1 hour ago, FalconHoof said:

Hi Neil,

I seen this message and had a panic. I called the hotel, the credit authorisarion and payment is not taken until arrival 

Yeah, I got in touch with them this morning and all is well. Thank you for the extra reassurance though. Sorry for making you panic, I'm a total newbie when it comes to travel and have winged this whole trip so far.

18 hours ago, The Dart said:

OK, here’s a weather update as this time in 7 days Mania will have started.

It’s cold and it’s windy and it was wet until about 4pm today.  Let’s assume it’s exactly like this next Sunday and you’re sitting in the sky for over 7 hours until gone midnight, like me....bring something warm to wear!  And a hat.  And gloves.  And a duvet.

Fucksake, I’m at Heathrow now and I haven’t even brought a coat with me. Last time I went to New York, a stranger at Times Square gave me a beanie hat so I didn’t get frostbite. That was in the depths of winter though. I thought it’d be fine in April!

Archived