Planning Wrestlemania 2019

kostan

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/26/2019 at 3:26 PM, LWOLeN said:

Sounds cool Matt!

How are you going to the shows? Taxi/Bus/Train/Car?

Added to WrestleCon:

- ‘Fabulous’ Corey Graves

- Renee Young

- Michael Cole

- Tommy Dreamer

I am still hoping for Austin, Sting, Goldberg and Hogan.

I’m gonna be getting the Metro to WM and Barclays Center, seems easy enough, and I’ll just be following the endless crowd of neck beards wearing “Burn it down” tops that are 2 sizes too small.

On 2/26/2019 at 3:26 PM, LWOLeN said:

Sounds cool Matt!

How are you going to the shows? Taxi/Bus/Train/Car?

Added to WrestleCon:

- ‘Fabulous’ Corey Graves

- Renee Young

- Michael Cole

- Tommy Dreamer

I am still hoping for Austin, Sting, Goldberg and Hogan.

Where have you read that Michael Cole is attending? Nothing is on the Wrestlecon site or Twitter?

Apologies for the Mass confusion. Mixed up Michael Cole with Jonathan Coachman.

Tons of shows with many fun matches. For exemple: John Morrison/Taya Valkyirie vs Pentagon/Phoenix and Hornswoggle vs Scott Steiner. David Arquette vs Timothy Thatcher in a shootfight. 

Also WCW’s “Fake” Sting will make his return at Joey Janela’s show. What a crazy week this will be. Is Vince Russo everyones consultant?😂

Full list of events:

https://www.voicesofwrestling.com/wrestlemania-weekend-2019-schedule-map/

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, SBD said:

Fite TV have two separate Mania Weekend Packages up £203.98 if you want to watch all 31 events

https://www.fite.tv/watch/fite-fest-wrestlemania-weekend/2oi5e/

https://www.fite.tv/watch/the-collective/2oi3i/

Big bargains if you plan on watching everything live or within a few days of the original airing.

Just beware, a lot of those shows will hit separate on-demand streaming within about a week anyway, with a hefty amount going on the HighSpots Network and Powerbomb TV (now 'Independent Wrestling TV').

If you're looking at live streaming the essentials, I'd say the G1 show (HonourClub are running a special offer where you get the show with the standard $10 subscription AND it's on New Japan World too) and both Spring Break shows ($15 each) are the big go-to's.

The GCW shows (Spring Break parts 1& 2 and Bloodsport) are the only shows that probably won't be on any streaming service afterwards, so they're your best bet if you're strapped for cash but still want some extra shows to watch. They're also going to be a lot of fun and well worth the money if the last two years are anything to go by.

It’s great to see so much choice and variety of things for wrestling fans to see and do over the weekend.

I attended five WrestleMania’s between 2001 and 2009, so the last one I went to only had Mania itself, Hall of Fame, Axxess, and a Ring Of Honor show.

This year I’m going again but it is the first time my wife is joining me, so sightseeing is taking priority over wrestling.

There are at least half a dozen different websites offering group tickets to do touristy stuff like go up Empire State Building, get into museums, etc.

Does anybody have recommendations of good deals for that or ones to avoid?

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, SBD said:

@Accident Prone Independentwrestling.tv are showing 6 of the events from the Collective Pack which you can get for free if you sign up on the 1st of April as a new subscriber and use BEYOND30 

Banging stuff! Cheers for the heads up! So that's;

G1 Supershow - New Japan World or ROH Honor Club (a tenner on either streaming service)

Family Reunion, ISW: Balls Out, CHIKARA: Once Upon A Beginning, Black Label Pro: Adventures In Wrestling, Nova Pro: Born To Run & IWS: Unstoppable (a tenner on Independentwrestling.tv)

Throw in the WWE Network and the two Spring Break shows, and you get a massive slice of the action for £60, plus all the other on-demand content from the streaming services. 

I'm all ready subbed to NJ World and I'm still in my free trial period for WWE Network, so this will be my plan 100%. 

A few other notable shows should wind up on HighSpots On-Demand later on so you rifle through at your own leisure.

2 hours ago, dopper said:

There are at least half a dozen different websites offering group tickets to do touristy stuff like go up Empire State Building, get into museums, etc.

I’ve used Viator for a previous trip to Iceland and booked all my trips through there. I’ve checked and they do N.Y. trips too. I’ll be using them for the sightseeing bits I do as I found they were great and didn’t rip you off either!

Likely gonna be the RAW/SD before Mania in Washington for me and then Impact/G1 Supercard/Wrestlemania/RAW, I reckon. 

Debating given Takeover the miss now to be honest as I'd prefer not to be burnt out by the time Mania comes around and personally not excited enough about the card to pay over the odds, even if the prices do go down.

10:00 a.m. local time and it is minus 5 degrees in New York today.

Unless it warms up significantly in the next 4.5 weeks the wrestlers are going to need to all dress like Tamina Snuka or Viscera when they are in the ring! 

On 2/28/2019 at 3:27 PM, dopper said:

New York Pass is meant to be good but all depends on how much you want to spend and how much time you actually have as NYC can be quite tiring at the best of times (as your pretty much always walking) so once you commit you will have to make sure you do your money's worth. 

Personally I like to just walk around and do things at my own pace, things like the statue of liberty you can use the free ferry to Staten Island and save yourself quite a bit of money, Central Park is worth renting some cycles out for a couple of hours rather than walking/jumping on the back of those things where someone takes you around for 20 minutes. Even walking is probably better than doing the bus tours. All depends what you like to do and how much time you have between shows/events. Top Of The Rock I feel is better than the Empire State Building. The passes are quite expensive but you will save money than purchasing individually but you an also save by walking/doing things your own way. 

Archived