Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kostan

Planning Wrestlemania 2019

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, neil is brill said:

Anyone else worried about how Brexit is going to affect the cost of their trip, or is it just me?

Been monitoring the exchange rates lately, and all this no-deal gubbins is expected to bring GBP down somewhat. Which I wouldn't mind as I can just buy my USD this week and be done with it.

However, my hotel isn't taking payment until I check in, and at the exchange rate on the day, which is 6 days after Brexit. My hotel is just over ÂŁ700 at todays rate, and assuming the rate falls after Brexit, it'll cost me more. By how much is anyones guess.

I didn't really factor Brexit into my plans. Should I be worried?

Yeah it's a valid point this and I had the same worry.  Yesterday I paid for my hotel stay in advance and stuck it in the credit card just incase the pound suddenly plummeted in the days leading up to the trip.

The current exchange rate is 1.31 to the pound which is the strongest exchange rate since Mania 32 if you are in the position to change your pounds up now then I would just go right ahead and get it done with.  Of course you are running the risk, because for all we know we could suddenly see growth in the pound over the coming weeks - all up in the air really!

In other news Impact have ditched their co promoted show with House Of Glory and moved their Thursday night event to Newark with an 11pm start time.  This is because of a talent sharing programme with MLW as previously their Thursday night shows were clashing.

This now means that the MLW Fusion tapings will only run up against Wrestlecon Supershow, whilst Impact will now clash with AIW's midnight show at White Eagle Hall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, neil is brill said:

Anyone else worried about how Brexit is going to affect the cost of their trip, or is it just me?

Been monitoring the exchange rates lately, and all this no-deal gubbins is expected to bring GBP down somewhat. Which I wouldn't mind as I can just buy my USD this week and be done with it.

However, my hotel isn't taking payment until I check in, and at the exchange rate on the day, which is 6 days after Brexit. My hotel is just over ÂŁ700 at todays rate, and assuming the rate falls after Brexit, it'll cost me more. By how much is anyones guess.

I didn't really factor Brexit into my plans. Should I be worried?

What hotel you staying at for that price?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bohan said:

Yeah it's a valid point this and I had the same worry.  Yesterday I paid for my hotel stay in advance and stuck it in the credit card just incase the pound suddenly plummeted in the days leading up to the trip.

The current exchange rate is 1.31 to the pound which is the strongest exchange rate since Mania 32 if you are in the position to change your pounds up now then I would just go right ahead and get it done with.  Of course you are running the risk, because for all we know we could suddenly see growth in the pound over the coming weeks - all up in the air really!

I’m aiming to do the same this week & get the hotel paid for.  I’ve been keeping an eye on the exchange rate for a while to see when to do it and noticed yesterday that Expedia still have their sale on so there’s some potential options to just book a new hotel & pay it off straight away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mat said:

What hotel you staying at for that price?

https://www.thepodhotel.com/pod-times-square

Across the street from Port Authority Terminal, not too far from Penn Station so my travelling to/from events shouldn't be too difficult.

I booked it back in August though. It's since risen to almost ÂŁ1100 if you were looking to book it today.

Edited by neil is brill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, neil is brill said:

https://www.thepodhotel.com/pod-times-square

Across the street from Port Authority Terminal, not too far from Penn Station so my travelling to/from events shouldn't be too difficult.

I booked it back in August though. It's since risen to almost ÂŁ1100 if you were looking to book it today.

I'm staying there from Tuesday-Thursday before I meet up with my cousin and relocate to Hyatt House in Jersey City.  Paid £200 for the two nights at Pod and then around 800 for 5 nights in a king studio at the Hyatt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bohan said:

I'm staying there from Tuesday-Thursday before I meet up with my cousin and relocate to Hyatt House in Jersey City.  Paid £200 for the two nights at Pod and then around 800 for 5 nights in a king studio at the Hyatt.

I'm at Pod from Thursday-Tuesday. Wish I could pay for it outright now, but booking.com never gave the option at the time. It's sitting at ÂŁ696 at todays rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, neil is brill said:

I'm at Pod from Thursday-Tuesday. Wish I could pay for it outright now, but booking.com never gave the option at the time. It's sitting at ÂŁ696 at todays rate.

Is Pod the one with communal bathrooms and stuff then?

Was looking at that before. Got a link you could share?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mat said:

Is Pod the one with communal bathrooms and stuff then?

Was looking at that before. Got a link you could share?

I already posted a link in my previous reply to you. No communal bathroom for me, I have a room with a private bathroom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pod Hotel here also. It’s a min walk from WrestleCon. Plus it looks clean.

I was in NYC for Mania 29. It was perfect.

My biggest tip: The Meadowlands Horse Racing Track is a 5 min. Walk from Metlife Stadium. It’s open on Sundays. It’s a  big (gambling) Facility, which means clean toilets, comfy Seats, tons of tv screens and a restaurant. It’s the perfect place to hang out, stay warm, drink coffee and take a proper shit before Mania. Entrance is free (assuming you don’t bet on the wrong horse) ;).

My schedule so far:

Wed - NHL @ MSG

Thu - WrestleCon Supershow @ Hilton

Fri - NXT @ Barclays

Sat - RoH/ New Japan @ MSG

Sun - Mania @ Metlife

Mon - RAW @ Barclays

Tue - SD @ Barclays

Any news on Axxess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mat said:

Is Pod the one with communal bathrooms and stuff then?

Was looking at that before. Got a link you could share?

Nope private bathroom at this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bohan said:

Nope private bathroom at this one.

Plus just a 5 min. Walk from Times Square.

13 min. Walk from MSG

5 min. Walk from WrestleCon.

It’s a bit more expensive, but I am willing to pay a bit more for convenience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LWOLeN said:

Pod Hotel here also. It’s a min walk from WrestleCon. Plus it looks clean.

I was in NYC for Mania 29. It was perfect.

My biggest tip: The Meadowlands Horse Racing Track is a 5 min. Walk from Metlife Stadium. It’s open on Sundays. It’s a  big (gambling) Facility, which means clean toilets, comfy Seats, tons of tv screens and a restaurant. It’s the perfect place to hang out, stay warm, drink coffee and take a proper shit before Mania. Entrance is free (assuming you don’t bet on the wrong horse) ;).

My schedule so far:

Wed - NHL @ MSG

Thu - WrestleCon Supershow @ Hilton

Fri - NXT @ Barclays

Sat - RoH/ New Japan @ MSG

Sun - Mania @ Metlife

Mon - RAW @ Barclays

Tue - SD @ Barclays

Any news on Axxess?

That'll be my Sunday morning sorted then. I have to collect my tickets from Will Call so I'll have a flutter or two whilst I'm waiting.

No news on Axxess yet. Hope they announce something soon though. Hoping to snag a GA and a Premium ticket once they're available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, LWOLeN said:

Pod Hotel here also. It’s a min walk from WrestleCon. Plus it looks clean.

I was in NYC for Mania 29. It was perfect.

My biggest tip: The Meadowlands Horse Racing Track is a 5 min. Walk from Metlife Stadium. It’s open on Sundays. It’s a  big (gambling) Facility, which means clean toilets, comfy Seats, tons of tv screens and a restaurant. It’s the perfect place to hang out, stay warm, drink coffee and take a proper shit before Mania. Entrance is free (assuming you don’t bet on the wrong horse) ;).

My schedule so far:

Wed - NHL @ MSG

Thu - WrestleCon Supershow @ Hilton

Fri - NXT @ Barclays

Sat - RoH/ New Japan @ MSG

Sun - Mania @ Metlife

Mon - RAW @ Barclays

Tue - SD @ Barclays

Any news on Axxess?

My plans as it stands, still need to fit a couple of Axxess sessions when announced.

Tuesday - BeetleJuice The Musical

Wednesday - King Kong & Frozen The Musical

Thursday - Wrestlecon Supershow

Friday - Wrestlecon, MLW Battle Riot II, BlackCraft Wrestling No Apologies 

Saturday - ROH/NJPW G1 Supercard 

Sunday - Bullet Club Block Party, Wrestlemania 35

Monday - Raw 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...