Planning Wrestlemania 2019

kostan

39 minutes ago, Bohan said:

I've bagged fantastic Raw seats twice now by visiting the arena box office on the day I've arrived in the host city.  I wouldn't say this is the preferred method, but this just goes to prove that it can be done regardless of an event claiming to be sold out online.

And unless Undertaker is doing a PVIP at Axxess then I doubt you will have any issues there picking up the one that our want.

Thanks, it's certainly something I'll keep in mind if I can't get tickets in a pre/general sale. I'm just a massive worrier, even more so now that I'm not buying a package.

Also, I've had a hotel booked since way back in May as a "back up" but I fancy changing it. I know it'll be more expensive now that we're closer to the events but just curious if there is anywhere ideal I should be staying? I'm bricking it to be honest since it's the first time I've ever traveled and have been winging it so far.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Axxess should easy enough to get tickets for and it might also be worth taking a look on Stubhub as you may also get a good deal.

Raw/NXT I very much doubt will have any tickets on the day based on where its located but again Stubhub will be an option but would expect tickets to be very pricey. The only benefit to the Barclay's Center is that there is not a bad seat in the place so you should be good whatever seat your able to pick up. Raw/NXT will probably be the most difficult tickets to get because of where it is and that not many will be made available on general sale compared to normal.  Smackdown you will probably be able to get tickets on Stubhub worst case at a good price as nobody cares about Smackdown but I would still expext it to sell well because its New York & Mania. 

1 hour ago, neil is brill said:

Thanks, it's certainly something I'll keep in mind if I can't get tickets in a pre/general sale. I'm just a massive worrier, even more so now that I'm not buying a package.

Also, I've had a hotel booked since way back in May as a "back up" but I fancy changing it. I know it'll be more expensive now that we're closer to the events but just curious if there is anywhere ideal I should be staying? I'm bricking it to be honest since it's the first time I've ever traveled and have been winging it so far.

Out of interest where are you booked to stay?  

What days are you traveling and what's your budget?

8 minutes ago, Bohan said:

Out of interest where are you booked to stay?  

What days are you traveling and what's your budget?

I'm booked in Upper West Side Manhattan, near Central Park. Booked from Thursday 4th to Tuesday 9th April. I've got a budget of around £900 but I can stretch it a little further. I've seen a cracking deal in Secaucus for around £600 but I'm worried about transport into the city etc.

I'm flying from Heathrow to Newark Liberty Intl Airport, and have done a little research on transport. I can get a train direct from the airport to Penn Station which apparently has links to Barclays Center etc, I just don't really know where I should be staying.

25 minutes ago, neil is brill said:

I'm booked in Upper West Side Manhattan, near Central Park. Booked from Thursday 4th to Tuesday 9th April. I've got a budget of around £900 but I can stretch it a little further. I've seen a cracking deal in Secaucus for around £600 but I'm worried about transport into the city etc.

I'm flying from Heathrow to Newark Liberty Intl Airport, and have done a little research on transport. I can get a train direct from the airport to Penn Station which apparently has links to Barclays Center etc, I just don't really know where I should be staying.

I would say Secaucus is a little too far out, aside from being close to Mania you aren't really in reach of much else.

If you are travelling solo then it's always good to pitch up somewhere that where there will be plenty of other mania travellers.  The Wrestlecon hotels have always provided great value in past years and a super atmosphere.  This year they only have the one hotel which is the Hilton Midtown, super location although a bit pricey.

I've seen a lot of people are staying at Hyatt Regency and Hyatt House in Jersey City due to the excellent prices and the super location right on the Hudson.  The Jersey City Hyatts are also only a ten minute walk to White Eagle Hall where Spring Break 3, BCW, Chikara, AIW and a bunch of other shows are all happening.  Regency is great but I'm booked up for this trip at Hyatt House where I got 6 nights in a studio with breakfast included for £800.  As I always do though I booked a few places back in April before recently making the final decision of doing with Hyatt House.

Check booking.com hotels.com and Expedia as although the prices have probably gone up a bit at this stage you may still be able to get a reasonable price at one of those Hyatts.  Jersey City is only a 7 minute PATH journey away from Manhattan.

But....

If you arent a confident traveler and have never never visited NYC before and want to visit all the touristy stuff then if you can afford it then a Central Park/Times Square hotel may be best for you.  All comes down to what you a personally looking to get out of your trip.  NYC is an easy city to get about though, public transport system is world class.

11 minutes ago, Murtz said:

I'm staying at Hotel Edison. Right on Times Square with good Tripadvisor reviews. £800 for 6 nights with twins beds.

Have you taken into account the hotel imposed resort fee that this hotel takes as soon as you check in? For 5 nights they wanted £735 up front then an extra £140 after I'd checked in. So I avoided them. Most hotels in NYC sneak that resort fee in, I'm lucky to have found one that doesn't way back in May.

2 hours ago, neil is brill said:

Have you taken into account the hotel imposed resort fee that this hotel takes as soon as you check in? For 5 nights they wanted £735 up front then an extra £140 after I'd checked in. So I avoided them. Most hotels in NYC sneak that resort fee in, I'm lucky to have found one that doesn't way back in May.

Yep I've seen loads with those pesky resort fees, luckily I've never been stung!

I’ve decided at the last minute to book separately and not go for the travel package.

Was going to spend £3700 on 2 packages and have just booked the Hotel Edison for £900 for 6 nights instead of the 5 the package would give so surely will work out cheaper.

How far away will it be before Raw/NXT etc tickets go on sale ?

I’m assuming next year ?

Did anyone get a travel package yesterday? After thinking about it for a few days, I decided not to dip into my savings and will be booking everything seperately.

I think even with secondary market tickets for Raw & NXT, I'll still spend less than what a package would have cost. So I'm not so worried anymore.

As for hotels, I'm at the Riverside Tower Hotel. About 8 minutes from Central Park. It's not pretty, but I'm only gonna be sleeping there a few hours each day so I'll survive. Subway from Penn Station gets me there in a few minutes so I'm feeling a lot more confident about travelling alone. From what a lot of people have told me, I can get to almost anywhere from Penn Station and/or using PATH. Just really excited for the trip now. Got next Friday off work to book my Mania seat too. Aiming for a seat in the 100s/Risers. Don't want flat/floor seating.

On 2 November 2018 at 8:46 PM, neil is brill said:

Most hotels in NYC sneak that resort fee in, I'm lucky to have found one that doesn't way back in May.

This is something that gets missed in New York. If you book hotels independently then they will add things like service fee, city tax, room tax etc which is probably around 20% extra. Then they also take a hold on your card against damages which can be anything from $300-$400. So in effect you probably need an extra £500 to cover this off on your cards.

If you book a package holiday type deal with Virgin/BA then you won't pay the Tax fees just the hold on accidental damages but that does come off your card after a week or so of checking out. 

Archived