Planning Wrestlemania 2019

kostan

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet  but beyond looking around, which is worth it, bar the Wyndham keep well away from any hotels in China town. They might be cheap but you will find a few nasty surprises there. Could very much involve burning your luggage upon return to the UK. They are at such a standard where if in the UK health and saftey would shut them down on the spot for multiple infringements. There's some nice places near Times Square and plenty to see around there. Also close to MSG for those going to ROH, it just pricy everywhere. Bars have a 25% knock up.

For for those looking for flights Norwegian do cheap flights to Stewart Airport which is about 90 mins outside of central NYC, but there are buses to take you there after every flight and multiple times on flight days. They only fly from Belfast, Dublin, Edinburgh and possibly Gatwick. They also fly to Boston Providence which again is 60 mins from the Centre. Cheap hotels and bars can be found near those airports. Flights can be got for £90 single if booked at the right time. It's like the long distance version of EasyJet. Plus Boston is a lot cheaper than New York and there are plenty of Megabus journeys into Central New York.

Finally for those looking for cheap taxis in New York look into the Via app. It's a taxi pool app but can do single journeys. Works out at least 1/2 the price of Uber. I was told by hotel staff that is what most in New York use. I think you don't pay over $10 anywhere in Manhattan.

Finally caved and booked my tickets today with British Airways. £415 return London to JFK with checked luggage, meals and seat reservation. I'm happy with that!

Really good timings as well. Arriving into jfk at 13.05 and leaving JFK at 21:00 so able to make the most of both flight days.

• Paid Members

Not sure whether to go with the travel package or book everything separately. I'm not bothered about the hassle factor, as long as I get the tickets I want (NXT, HOF, WM, Raw, Smackers)

Has anyone booked separately and not got any of these tickets?

I did it separately and got everything I wanted two years ago, I had to get SD/Raw tickets as a combo but if you're on the ball you'll be fine.

2 minutes ago, Murtz said:

Not sure whether to go with the travel package or book everything separately. I'm not bothered about the hassle factor, as long as I get the tickets I want (NXT, HOF, WM, Raw, Smackers)

1 hour ago, Murtz said:

Booked it all separately past five years and I've never not got the tickets that I wanted.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Murtz said:

Last year I booked separately but the only WWE shows I wanted were WrestleMania and NXT. Got cracking seats for 'Mania, very reasonable for what we paid. 

Also, keep in mind that you're going to pay out of the arse on a tickets package deal, so if you're aren't bothered by the hassle save yourself some cash and book separately.

1 hour ago, northamptonbloke said:

United have flights for £288 return from Heathrow direct. cheapest ive seen. fly out 3/4, back 8/4. 

anyone know where Axxess is being held? 

Still  no official location for Axxess 

Looks like I'll probably have to sit 2019 out, I didn't factor checked luggage into my savings. Luggage boosts the flight costs to just outside my budget and there's no way I'm going without luggage or a means to bring back a couple of souvenirs. I'm a total travel virgin so this didn't even cross my mind. I assumed 1 case would be included with a booked flight. Glad the hotel I booked is refundable.

12 hours ago, neil is brill said:

Looks like I'll probably have to sit 2019 out, I didn't factor checked luggage into my savings. Luggage boosts the flight costs to just outside my budget and there's no way I'm going without luggage or a means to bring back a couple of souvenirs. I'm a total travel virgin so this didn't even cross my mind. I assumed 1 case would be included with a booked flight. Glad the hotel I booked is refundable.

Out of interest what's your budget and where would you be flying from?

4 hours ago, Bohan said:

Out of interest what's your budget and where would you be flying from?

Edit - It's okay, I've been doing it wrong. Got a return with checked luggage for £346 which I'm really pleased with, leaves me on budget for a travel package if I start to feel overwhelmed. Still looking to book everything individually though.

Archived