Planning Wrestlemania 2019

kostan

1 hour ago, neil is brill said:

Thanks. I'd budgeted about £400 for a WrestleMania ticket, don't mind about having a nosebleed seat for Raw and NXT though. I'll get looking into hotels now. You've been a massive help.

I've done nosebleed in the Barclays for the last 2 Brooklyn takeovers, there are no bad seats in that arena, and there's a huge screen above the ring anyway. 

I am doing Summerslam this year (in the peak of the holidays) and got a hotel for 7 days + flight through British Airways for £800 so it can be done on a budget. There is a small deposit but the rest you pay before you go. Unless your behind the titantron there isn't a bad seat in the Barclays. But would be wary that Raw/NXT will be the hottest tickets so if you don't get them when they go on sale then the secondary market will be sky high. 

I'm prepared to be sat at the computer ready the instant that Raw & NXT go on sale, and I'm fully prepared to be disappointed that they sell out quickly before I'm even offered a seat. I'll literally take the first ones offered to me as long as they aren't behind the Tron.

9 hours ago, courageous said:

I'm thinking of going to do the week, try to get NXT tickets, Axess & take in plenty of the indy shows but skip Mania itself - don't want to spend hundreds just to watch a big screen

Am I mental, or is this something others do?

Nope loads of people do mania weekend and skip mania itself.  Personally I don't see the point though, no other shows clash with mania on the Sunday so i would still pick up a cheap ticket and go soak up the atmosphere.

11 hours ago, courageous said:

I'm thinking of going to do the week, try to get NXT tickets, Axess & take in plenty of the indy shows but skip Mania itself - don't want to spend hundreds just to watch a big screen

Am I mental, or is this something others do?

The cheapest tickets are really cheap. You're probably looking at $25-35. Granted you'll be miles away but the atmosphere will still be great and you'll be able to say you've been to a Wrestlemania. You might as well if you're going all that way! 

13 hours ago, neil is brill said:

I'm prepared to be sat at the computer ready the instant that Raw & NXT go on sale, and I'm fully prepared to be disappointed that they sell out quickly before I'm even offered a seat. I'll literally take the first ones offered to me as long as they aren't behind the Tron.

Last year I got tickets for all the WWE events with ease. If you're prepared to go for the cheapest option you'll get a ticket as long as you're ready as they go on sale.

41 minutes ago, ToNY89 said:

Anyone know where axxess is going to be next year? 

I'd hedge my bets on the Barclays Center in Brooklyn or, at a push, the Prudential Center in NJ. Last time it was the Meadowlands Arena for WM29 but obviously that's closed down since.

I think I'm gonna take a chance waiting for Wrestlecon hotels to be announced. I've spent the last few days on Booking.com looking for hotels, and while I've found some good deals, I'm not entirely comfortable with getting to/from it as I'm travelling alone, which is a shame as I found a pretty decent hotel but it's in Clifton NJ, no idea. At least with Wrestlecon I'll be surrounded by wrestling fans all there for the same reason and can ask for help.

56 minutes ago, The Dart said:

Has the Wrestlecon venue been announced then?

No, I'm just not very confident in my travelling skills to put myself in the middle of nowhere, so I'm gonna just take a chance and wait for it to be announced.

Edit - I've booked a hotel near Central Park for 5 nights costing £530. No pre-payment & free cancellation as a backup, but I'm terrified of getting lost trying to make my way to the hotel from JFK Airport, and getting from the hotel to MetLife Stadium and Barclays Center. I'm sure I'll figure it all out as I have a year to plan it all, but it's pretty scary.

Edited by neil is brill

Nyc is one of the easiest cities in America to get around with the subway. Everything is signposted, maps everywhere and the grid system (1st street, 2nd street etc) helps. With this day and age, google maps and Uber you really can’t go wrong. You’ll be fine!

1 hour ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Most likely it'll be in Seacaucus as it's easily accessible from NY without having to actually pay to be in New York State. That's where the first Wrestlecon was held in 2013.

I booked The Hyatt Place here last month based on price and location.  Double room with breakfast included, six nights for 500 quid.