Sign in to follow this  
Ralphy

The deals/offers thread

Yep, @Monkee It's legit. Spotify ran a similar promotion a couple of months back where you got a free Google Home Hub just for upgrading to a £14.99 family plan. Mine arrived in the post within a week. If this is the new way that companies are going to vie for our attention, then I'm all for it.

Edited by Accident Prone

I got a Google Home thing for just being on the family plan, I didn't even upgrade to it. They sent me the email on April 1st though, so for a second I did wonder if it was some kind of cruel trick. We barely use it though, to be honest. 

4 hours ago, gmoney said:

I got a Google Home thing for just being on the family plan, I didn't even upgrade to it. They sent me the email on April 1st though, so for a second I did wonder if it was some kind of cruel trick. We barely use it though, to be honest. 

Same here, though it very quickly went to CEX due to me using the Amazon Echo family of devices. So Spotify basically gave me £17 for using their family plan. 

Now to hope Just Eat offer something next for loyalty...#EatClean

16 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

When did all that happen? Spotify haven’t offered me anything since I signed up as part of their 99p for 3 months offer

It ended about 2 weeks ago. All you had to do was sign up to the Spotify family plan and you got a free Google Home Mini. 

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Must’ve been a new customer thing then, definitely not had anything come through my emails

Definitely not, as I've been premium with Spotify since 2015. All I did was pay an extra fiver one month to get the family plan and that was that.

I didn't get an email though, instead I found out about it via FaceBook. I thought it was a scam TBH, so was happy to be proven wrong. Hell, I even kept the family plan as my missus wanted Spotify Premium too.

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Must’ve been a new customer thing then, definitely not had anything come through my emails

Existing family plan customers could get one too but you had to go and claim it yourself rather than them just giving you one. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

What does it actually do

Copied and pasted from reviews, so spoilered it for size

Your Momma

Edited by Keith Houchen

4 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

I'll apologise in advance for this. 

What does it actually do?

And I wish I'd known about the offer. How annoying they didn't tell their customers that have been chucking them £15 a month for years. The website explicitly says now "fuck off, you're too late." 

Edited by Onyx2

1 hour ago, Ralphy said:

I know its not meant to be great, but the mini ps1 is 29.99 at the moment, which seems a fair price

http://www.anrdoezrs.net/links/3559552/type/dlg/https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8842071

Sadly it doesn't look like it's available at any of the Argos branches or available for delivery.

That's a shame as it's a decent alternative to a Raspberry Pi too. It's cheaper, looks nice and comes with a good pad. It's still fiddly to get all that emulation set up tho, maybe more so as retroarch is far less user friendly.

My wife got these Bluetooth ear pod headphones from Amazon using this deal and they’re surprisingly excellent. They make my AirPods seem even more expensive!

£14 using a code from here

https://bargainhunteruk.co.uk/node/646?fbclid=IwAR1RFnV0XO0UbK5WSevQtiHPnRhJ40TLB8k2JQ8OYsVroes004NjGfCCpYc