Sign in to follow this  
Ralphy

The deals/offers thread

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

That seems decent, works out less than a fiver a month. Is there actually anything worth watching on Prime TV?

Hit and miss, but it's a much larger bundle package than a pure video streaming service like Netflix with delivery, music, and now live sport offerings like the US Open.  They do get some big name films earlier, but then they also have some sub-VHS picture quality straight to video stuff from 1986 to bulk up the number of titles.

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

That seems decent, works out less than a fiver a month. Is there actually anything worth watching on Prime TV?

It's garbage. I have Prime just for package delivery and never watch anything on their streaming service.

I've always been tempted to get Prime as it seemed to be better than Netflix and Sky when it came to movies (what with being the spiritual successor to LoveFilm and all), but it turns out that most of the films you have to pay extra to 'rent', which is no different to Sky Store, Microsoft Store, Google Play etc. Fuck that shit. Their exclusive series never look that good and they end up on some on one of the Sky channels after a while anyway (such as Black Sails).

What is the music service like? Im tempted myself as i already pay well over £59 alone for spotify per year 

I have Prime and use it purely for deliveries. Never watch anything on Prime TV and the music service is just a basic version of their full music streaming service, you end up listening to samples of everything and they try to get you to pay for the full package. For me its worth it for the deliveries alone as well as special prices and Prime Day etc. Having said that, I've just cancelled so I can sign up again for the £59 instead.

Use prime fro deliveries and Grand Tour

for original stuff the JCVD series was funny and there is loads of memphis stuff and indies on t

On 8/28/2018 at 12:04 AM, PunkStep said:

I've always been tempted to get Prime as it seemed to be better than Netflix and Sky when it came to movies (what with being the spiritual successor to LoveFilm and all), but it turns out that most of the films you have to pay extra to 'rent', which is no different to Sky Store, Microsoft Store, Google Play etc. Fuck that shit. Their exclusive series never look that good and they end up on some on one of the Sky channels after a while anyway (such as Black Sails).

I use Prime no rush credit to pay for rentals B-)

When it comes to Prime included films...  100 films and 10 will be new biggish name releases:  Paddington 2, Death of Stalin, Batman vs Superman etc.  5 will be Amazon Studios stuff (no doubt this will expand in the future): The Big Sick, Spike Lee's Chi-Raq etc.  35 will be well known older films: The King of Comedy, The Wrestler, Yellow Submarine, Bridget Jones's Diary etc.  The remaining 50 will be stuff that is somewhere between bizarre and utter garbage - http://amzn.eu/d/0EpNDzx

Netflix would not even waste storage on some of the dross that bumps up their title numbers.

The only exclusive TV show I've watched through was The Man in the High Castle, which I enjoyed.  There's minimal buzz around any of their exclusives, although I'll probably give the new Jack Ryan series a crack.

The Tick TV show with Peter Serafinowicz on amazon was awesome and some of their thousands of b movie titles are pure gold, for example I've been looking at early 80s no budget Conan knock offs on there and there are loads.

Pretty much every Batman cartoon is on there as well.

It's still shit though, the amount of new big films on it is worse than you'd ever imagine. So bad that I got super exited that the Alexander Skaarsgard Tarzan film has just been added.

Edited by Bellenda Carlisle

On 8/28/2018 at 8:47 AM, Ralphy said:

What is the music service like? Im tempted myself as i already pay well over £59 alone for spotify per year 

That's a good price. Isn't it £10 a month normally?

i am still on "spotify unlimited", which does not exist to new members, but as i was already on it before it ceased, they let me keep the membership, it is £4.99 a month. I dont own a smart phone so i only need it on my desktop anyway 

22 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Wait, what? Seriously?

yea, i find them too big and they have basically taken over all  my friends (not like i have many tho!) lives, its all they do is use the phone all day, i don't want that to be me, so i stay away from them. People, in my experience, seem to enjoy/prefer using the phone instead of paying attention or interacting, and i find it very frustrating, but these days i just tell them so! 

i am on my 4th handset of this phone, it has a 16gb sd card in it with music on it, and i can phone and text, thats enough for me! 

I am after deals on external HDD's at the moment, portable preferred and at least 3gb, so if anyone spots any for a decent price, let me know please or post the link! 

71fChXIsvoL._SX342_.jpg

Edited by Ralphy

8 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

yea, i find them too big and they have basically taken over all  my friends (not like i have many tho!) lives, its all they do is use the phone all day, i don't want that to be me, so i stay away from them. People, in my experience, seem to enjoy/prefer using the phone instead of paying attention or interacting, and i find it very frustrating, but these days i just tell them so!

Fair play to you, you're not wrong in what you're saying either.