UFC Fight Night: Werdum vs Volkov - Mar 17

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I like the Edwards vs Gunnar idea. Edwards would have to watch fucking about with Gunnar on the ground though. There were a few times against Sobotta last night where he stayed in the guard and found himself in some tricky situations. Can't afford to do that against the likes of Gunnar. It'd be an interesting fight though.

I'd rather see Till fight either Wonderboy or Ponzinibbio. I think either of those fights would be a solid Liverpool headliner if they can make them. Failing that I would've said do Till vs Covington. But I hope they don't put Covington on the Liverpool card because you just know the subhuman shitbag will do something awful like bring up the Hillsborough tragedy for 'cheap heat' in a misjudged attempt at being 'edgy'. When he's really just being a cunt. I honestly wouldn't put it past him to stoop that low. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ponzinnibio makes sense if they can't get Wonderboy but they might want him being Latin American Spanish speaking guy headlining in Chile which is around about the same time as the Liverpool card (its replacing the Irish card right?) 

Covington would be OK but the boring prick might win then slag off the UK with some shit trash talk.

• Paid Members

Yeah, they'll surely be wanting to give Till a striker in his hometown. Send the fans home happy. 

It's a bit left field but do we reckon Till vs Lawler would be a possibility? I know Lawler's coming off that loss to Dos Anjos but it's still Robbie Lawler. He's still a big name, not far removed from that incredible title reign and beating him would do more for Till than a win over almost anyone else in the division could. And it would be exciting as fuck. 

• Paid Members

well, i finally caught up after a weekend away. 

Werdum was due a loss wasn't he? his career has been littered with odd fights he shouldnt have lost, ill add this to the list. I dont know what it is but i always sense Werdum takes these fights with little training, he just racks up and tries to get by on the undeniable skillset he has, i might be wrong but i think that failed him here. I like Volkov though, he didnt look great but he defended against Werdum in dangerous positions so you have you applaud that, the finish was clinical.

The Paul Craig submission was ridiculous on the prelims. It wasnt a beating he was getting soundly beaten everywhere the fight went. Ankalaev actually looks a hell of a prospect, he simply got caught. If they fought a 100 times, Ankalaev wins 99 for me.

The John Phillips debut was a CM Punk like shocker. Phillips talked it up and looked the part all week but he just got exposed. It might have gone to his head, i think he really thought he would just have to land a punch and he'd have the dream debut, disappointing.

The Henry/Dawodo finish was mental too. Weird night for prospects.

Archived