The Rogan Board is Dead

nfc90210

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

So, from that Reddit thread, the speculation is that Rogan may have posted some stuff down the years that could now be used against him in the current climate. Is that accurate?

I imagine that based on watching some of his podcasts, including earlier stuff and some of his stand up in the past, I can’t help think it’s probably accurate.

He’s an opinionated edgy comedian. A pretty shit one. 

1 minute ago, Chest Rockwell said:

All that shit is still archived online.

People say this all the time, but whenever I've had to rely on the Wayback Machine, etc, especially on forums, the coverage has been patchy at best. Like I'd get the topic listing, but none of the topics have been crawled.

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

People say this all the time, but whenever I've had to rely on the Wayback Machine, etc, especially on forums, the coverage has been patchy at best. Like I'd get the topic listing, but none of the topics have been crawled.

You're right actually. It's much better for static pages. I've tried to use it for forums in the past and it has been fairly useless.

I remember Joe Rogan having an epic flame war with a random college kid on Myspace about a decade ago.

One thing I distinctly remember, aside from how pathetic it is that a millionaire would spend several hours going back and forth with someone over something so trivial, is that the kid got the best burn - despite not being a professional "comedian".

It was "enjoy balding". It was funnier and more cutting than anything Rogan said.

• Moderators

Joe Rogan really isn't a good comedian. I listen to his podcast because he has some entertaining guests, but I'm always shocked at how often he completely misses jokes made by his guests.

Guest: That'd be like a pig flying a plane!

Rogan: Wait, hold on, pigs can't fly planes

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, neil said:

Joe Rogan really isn't a good comedian. I listen to his podcast because he has some entertaining guests, but I'm always shocked at how often he completely misses jokes made by his guests.

Guest: That'd be like a pig flying a plane!

Rogan: Wait, hold on, pigs can't fly planes

He’s completely crap.

You’re right though, he occasionally has decent guests, but the amount of times they say something to him, it goes completely over his head, then they have to repeated the point and break the point down as if speaking to a child.

His round up videos are even worse. He decides that he is the focus of them rather than the guest. 15 mins of him not getting jokes.

To be fair, he’s clearly ‘for’ a certain audience. And that audience isn’t British. There’s some American comedians that travel well but there’s a lot that don’t; the style seems to lack any nuance, or shade, or inuendo, or playfulness... it’s just ‘in your face’ shouting and obviousness.

That said, his childlike wonder and amazement at new things makes his podcast very funny at times. Big fan of him on that.

But, yes, his stand up can get in the bin regardless of how hugely successful he is.

• Paid Members

His last special was ok. I've never really rated his stand up much too, but I laughed a couple of times during Triggered. Although laughing twice over a number of specials is obviously not exactly a mighty endorsement. Thing is, I think Rogan comes up with some pretty decent concepts for some of his jokes but he's really shit at crafting them.

Rogan's podcast is a treasure, though. From Wim Hof to Joey Diaz, it's such a varied listen. Even if literal Joe just doesn't get jokes.

Archived