What should wrestling give up for Lent?

HarmonicGenerator

12 minutes ago, big7thletter said:

Title defenses on house shows

I don't know I think their ok

Of course we know the titles arnt going to change but the kids get super excited when they hear "The following contest is for INSERT TITLE" 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When folk start using tables, ladders and chairs in the build up to TLC/ Extreme Rules and a corresponding match is built around it, despite the fact we know a themed PPV is coming up. "Oh soandso just hit soandso with a chair! Even though he's done it twenty times already to other people already this year, this one warrants a match specifically based around hitting people with seating! CHAIRS MATCH!!!11!"

• Paid Members

Basically any feud intensifying or a ppv match going to a non finish or inconclusive ending because the calendar dictates there is a gimmick match coming up. Hell In A Cell is the worst culprit. Used to be climactic and mean something, used to make you go "Oooooooh" when one was announced. Now you know it's coming up, there's no anticipation and the feud is always forced, rather than feel like you're watching something actually heat up organically.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Sheffbag said:

AJ Styles says hello

Scathing indictment of how unengaging I'm finding the current product, I was thinking "God, when was the last title change on a house show? Melina in Paris or some shit." Turns out it was quite recent, and was a guy on any given day I could name as my favourite wrestler. Wow.

16 hours ago, air_raid said:

Scathing indictment of how unengaging I'm finding the current product, I was thinking "God, when was the last title change on a house show? Melina in Paris or some shit." Turns out it was quite recent, and was a guy on any given day I could name as my favourite wrestler. Wow.

And in this country no less.

• Paid Members

Money In The Bank. Not just in WWE - so many other promotions have an equivalent now, and it's just lazy.

Rather than booking well enough to create an "anything can happen" atmosphere, or a genuine shock moment, why not just have a magic briefcase to give people a title match whenever they want one? Want to get your belt on to a new champion without having to go through the hassle of having your champion lose a proper match? Magic briefcase! Want to create a new champion without putting the effort in to push them up the card and make them a viable main eventer that the audience care about? Magic briefcase! Want to have your champion lose a match unfairly, but can't come up with an inventive finish to get heat on the heel? Magic briefcase!

Done to death, and outstayed its welcome long ago.

• Paid Members

There's still a couple of different types of cash in they never used but as a lazy booking tool it needs to fuck off. Punk's first was hugely misguided but I think it was Swagger that made me think "I'm out." Nobody to champion in less time than it takes to say "JBL." Uggghhh.

Archived