What should wrestling give up for Lent?

HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator

You have God-like powers. Or just God powers, actually. And you can use them to force wrestling to give up one part of itself. What do you get rid of?

It can be anything at all - a wrestler, a booking style, a production tic, a move, audience behaviour, a show, promotion, wrestling style, creative direction, type of angle, move sequence... anything at all.

(note: this is meant to be light hearted and fun though - obviously the right answer is ‘the perverts and weirdos’ - that goes without saying).

So what do you pick? Who’s going to walk with Elias/Jesus in the desert for 40 days?

I choose to make wrestling give up those hideous “2... sweeeeeet!” crowd calls after every two count in a match. I could just about stand the “10” stuff, because countouts aren’t really that important, but this “2 sweet” guff just ruins match atmosphere completely for me. It says something when it takes a match of the quality of Gargano-Almas to get these crowds to react normally to a near fall. It’s awful so I’m fucking it off. 40 days without that would be... it would be too sweet, as a matter of fact!

Your turn! Best answers will receive a picture of a pancake shaped like Otis Dozovic.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

You’ve picked what I would’ve gone for. At one point during that show, I said fuck off out loud because it’s just become too irritating now. So with that, I’ll pick the fans shouting “one fall”. It’s worse at UK shows. But it happens a lot on wwe now. Except Smackdown. Greg Hamilton doesn’t give them a chance to do it. 

Two hours of RAW, I want to see how the WWE handle only having a single hour of Monday night TV to book for a few weeks. I'm not saying this is the way the show should be but it'll sure be an interesting experiment, things will have to be kept short and snappy and those overlong meaningless matches will be thrown out for a while.

Give up that everyone is pals after a match. Need more acting like a loss matters and not stalling around waiting for the roh/ufc handshake and cuddle 

• Paid Members

Dolph Ziggler is obviously one of my main answers. The weird thing where an interview just ends with say Renee Young and theres silence that needs to be filled before something else jumps on to the screen. The term 'championship opportunity'. Three man commentary booths. Percy Watson in general actually.

Those ‘super fans’ that can somehow afford tickets in the front row for every show. The Clown, The Brock Lesnar Guy and that ‘Super’ Bayley fan come to mind. Ban them and their annoying, over the top, fake reactions from ringside please. 

• Paid Members

Michael Cole. "For the win..." "Oh my!" and the same boring soundbytes every fucking show. Saying "its Boss time!" every single fucking time Sasha comes out is really doing my nut. I really despised his heel act on comms way back, but I'd have that back in a heartbeat over the bland, disinterested repetitive bore he's become.

Too may near falls.

Near falls used to be a good thing, now you know a match isn't going to end until 50 amazing/hard-hitting moves, both men hitting finishers, someone getting their face blown off with a bazooka and an ISIS bomb being dropped and disintegrating one of the wrestlers.

It's all OTT. If a move looks devastating it should generally be sold as such and end a match.

Archived