Bomber Pat is the Steve Justice of Biscuit eating

Undefeated Steak

Had a quick look on Google for you Spurs but couldn't find anything. Though, bafflingly, and this ties in nicely with the TIL thread and the recent chocolate talk in there,Ā the search threw up a link saying that McVities biscuits actually have the chocolate on the bottom of theĀ biscuits.Ā 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/weird-news/chocolate-digestives-revelation-could-change-the-face-of-biscuit-eating-forever-9219218.html

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
On 02/02/2018 at 6:35 PM, Undefeated Steak said:

Had a quick look on Google for you Spurs but couldn't find anything. Though, bafflingly, and this ties in nicely with the TIL thread and the recent chocolate talk in there,Ā the search threw up a link saying that McVities biscuits actually have the chocolate on the bottom of theĀ biscuits.Ā 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/weird-news/chocolate-digestives-revelation-could-change-the-face-of-biscuit-eating-forever-9219218.html

I think you were just reading the article upside down. Thatā€™s the only explanation.

I bet whoever is spreading those rumours and writing such articles are the same fecal matters whoĀ also think apples are murderers and perverts.

• Paid Members
On ā€Ž02ā€Ž/ā€Ž02ā€Ž/ā€Ž2018 at 6:35 PM, Undefeated Steak said:

Wait...people thought otherwise? Biscuit on top, chocolate underneath. That's how chocolate digestives work. Have you all been doing biscuits wrong?

• Paid Members

I do. It's how biscuits work.

The only exception is if I'm taking multiple biscuits out of a biscuit tin at once, in which case I'll place one biscuit-side down at the bottom of the pile, in case the chocolate starts to melt.

• Paid Members

The hell are you on about pat.

Everyone, including the Antichrist knows that every food containing biscuit has a biscuit base... thatā€™s ā€˜baseā€™ as in the bottom. In no way shape or form should anyone have guessed that choc is in the bottom, instead if the top. Youā€™d have been bullied for stating such bollocks in our school?

• Paid Members

It's literally never occurred to me that anyone would choose to eat them any other way, let alone assume that was the correct way. They're packaged chocolate side down. The name of the biscuit is on the top - if you're eating a plain digestive, you don't turn it upside down so the bit with the name on it is facing downward, do you?

• Paid Members

You mad bastards. Eat them bloody sideways for all I care, but to assume that chocolate is on the ā€˜bottomā€™ as standard is insane.

Biscuit Base.. all Iā€™m going to say on the matter.Ā 

I appreciate that technically Iā€™m wrong... but morally youā€™re worseĀ than wrong.

• Moderators

I usually hate contrived arguments about food ("is Jaffa Cake a cake or a biscuit?!", but quite obviously, chocolate is the sweet topping, the biscuit is the base. It's how our confectionaries have always worked; sweet on top. The reverse would be like having the icing on a birthday cake on the bottom.

They're packaged chocolate side down. The name of the biscuit is on the top - if you're eating a plain digestive, you don't turn it upside down so the bit with the name on it is facing downward, do you?

Simple branding. They're not going to put the chocolate on the curved side, or hide their brand name under the chocolate. This way, they can just drop the chocolate on as it goes along the conveyer belt at the factory, and keep the name visible.

• Awards Moderator

I'm 100% with @BomberPatĀ on this one. The chocolate is at the bottom, and I can't conceive how anyone would ever think otherwise. The only time the chocolate should be at the top is when it's sat next to your cup of tea ready to be dunked. When you're eating it it's chocolate at the bottom for a good lick of the melty stuff.Ā 

I mean, I'll try it the other way round next time I have a cuppa but I'll feel wrong for hours afterward.

Archived