The guy

Jacko

I’ve seen a lot of chat about Roman Reigns not being the guy in other threads but if it was up to you who would be the guy? And how would you make them the guy?

for me I could see black in nxt being a big breakout star he has a unique look and if he can eventually talk I reckon he could be the guy, what about others ?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Roman Reigns. He's still so fucking good. It's cliche now but turn him heel, let him murder fools for a year and see if people start to dig him again. If they do, tweak him Lesnar style into a give-no-fucks babyface who DOESN'T smile all the time.

I'd overhaul the gear now too. It's time. 

12 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Roman Reigns. He's still so fucking good. It's cliche now but turn him heel, let him murder fools for a year and see if people start to dig him again. If they do, tweak him Lesnar style into a give-no-fucks babyface who DOESN'T smile all the time.

I'd overhaul the gear now too. It's time. 

What look do you think they should give him?

• Paid Members

Reigns is good, but they've dicked around so much with how he's been booked that they've screwed the pooch. Have him get "injured" and give him an overhaul. New attire, new music and maybe it'll work. He does need to just destroy people for a while as well. He's done too much jobbing.

I may be a bit biased with my thoughts here, as he's literally been my favourite for 2 years now since he first debuted but I can really see Elias being a top guy. He's practically there already really which is amazing considering his lack of success in NXT. He's put 100% into his character and it shows. The audience are eating out of his hands. We could be looking at the next Rock here. 

Elias is brilliant, I'd like him to have a full on Mania programme with someone to take him to the next level, I think he'll get lost in the shuffle though and end up in the Andre battle royal.

Black is a good shout too, plus I actually think he can talk. He should be the next ass kicking babyface, but he wont be, as soon as he comes up he will look cool for a month or two then go down the happy smiley route like very other fucker does.

The Velveteen Dream is surely going to be a star too, no?

• Paid Members

It's Braun. 100%. The guy is amazing. Incredible look, bags of charisma, insanely likeable outside the ring, developing into great worker, can be a unstoppable monster but watch his team with Alexa Bliss where he's a fun baby face.  You can easily see him all over TV talkshows. He even has Hulk Hogans voice.

2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

It's Braun. 100%. The guy is amazing. Incredible look, bags of charisma, insanely likeable outside the ring, developing into great worker, can be a unstoppable monster but watch his team with Alexa Bliss where he's a fun baby face.  You can easily see him all over TV talkshows. He even has Hulk Hogans voice.

Braun did cross my mind, and you are 100% correct it totally should be him, but I can never see them going "all in" with him for some reason.

I personally think they will make him the next Kane, good career don't get me wrong, he'll be the guy that steps into the main event occasionally etc, but will never be the top guy, which is a shame because he has everything going for him.

Roman can't be the guy bcause his promos aren't good enough. There's also the charisma/star power/X factor thing, and he just doesn't have "it". If he did, he would have overcome the smark backlash and connected with the wider audience to a much greater degree. 

This whole mentality of "the guy" is such a fallacy, these days. They've had chances to make real stars in the last few years but didn't "because plans". 

The eventual Reigns win over Lesnar won't be the orgasmic climax they're looking for, just whatever it is you get after a 5 hour cry wank. Probably shame and emptiness. And all the years they've spent building up to it! Deary me. 

In conclusion, I'd go with Kentucky McSouthern. 

• Paid Members

I want it to be Braun but think he’ll be more of a Kane. Bridesmaid on several occasions, never the bride. I hope I’m wrong.

Roman will be the one, but I think they’ll get it wrong and keep him exactly as is, with the belt on him. I hope I’m wrong.

AJ - I’d love for him to end up being the one. He’s the best all rounder and generally really loved.

They’ve tested the water with him, but didn’t pull the trigger at all and held back on the PR, no POS, absolutely nowt, and he was still over. Give him the Brock win and he’ll come across as an absolute legend.

I’d be very happy with any of those three, if creative get their bits right.

In a perfect world, AJ as the one (face), the other two as his career rivals.

• Paid Members

I think there needs to be more than one "guy". Rather than playing this weird halfway house game with Roman Reigns, they need to come up with a way to present Roman Reigns as the flagship talent for the "casual" fanbase, and someone else - probably AJ Styles - as "the guy" for the "smark" crowd.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I think there needs to be more than one "guy". Rather than playing this weird halfway house game with Roman Reigns, they need to come up with a way to present Roman Reigns as the flagship talent for the "casual" fanbase, and someone else - probably AJ Styles - as "the guy" for the "smark" crowd.

This is my thinking, pretty much. Look at the company around the turn of the millennium: the main event scene was insane - The Rock, Austin, HHH, Foley, Kane, Undertaker, Angle, Big Show, and a contender scene of Jericho, Benoit, and Gunn. 

The fact they'd managed to build up all these guys to the point where nobody had a problem if any of them had been put in the main event of a PPV, or even had the belt put on them (with maybe the exception of Gunn), shows that they've been capable of doing it before.

Admittedly, having two of the biggest stars ever come along at the same time is more down to fortune than design, but the other main-eventers being more than able to hold their own alongside them demonstrates it is possible. I'd say the fact that people on this forum are dissatisfied with the current direction of the product is because of their previous experiences of it.

Archived