The Batshit World of Noel Edmonds

Gus Mears

2 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I've watched one series before, the Wayne Bridge one, and that was good for the same reason this one is - they all seemed to get along, had a laugh together and had a real team sprit whenever someone fucked up a task or were down. Despite it obviously being terrestrial, reality TV show tosh, it was refreshing to watch something optimistic for once.

I tried last years, couldn't get on with it because of some of the nobheadery.

This series has started well - though they are clearly trying to push the drama. The way they oversold Nick/Noel last night, and had Holly/Dec talking about how they knew Noel would start eventually? It's clear they chucked 600,000 notes at him to be a prick. As much as Noel has proven to be a humourless oddball in the past, I sincerely hope he keeps this act up and walks away with 600k, laughing all the way to Lloyds Bank.

I feel bad for Barrowman, though. He comes across as a thoroughly good egg - and yet he still annoys the piss out of me. Dunno why.

Nick Knowles has changed my opinion of him, though. Even when he gave Ann his pillow, I assumed he was being a big fake twat - but sharing his shitty bean burger with a lad who'd just had a roast dinner and pudding was genuinely one of the most innocent, nicest things i've ever seen on TV.

Viva la Nice People.

Barrowman started really well, full of positive energy but there is only so much you can take, its like he tries too hard sometimes to try and portray himself in a good light. 

I haven't seen much of Nick Knowles before this but he comes across as a genuine good guy, he has done some horrible tasks, given up food and gifts, he just seems like someone who can brave it out and just wants to look after everybody, plus he has done most of the cooking. Hope he goes far, I doubt he will win it but he deserves at least a final place (assuming this show works like that). 

I do love Anne but her lack of challenges (medical grounds) will no doubt go against her.

This is the first year I have properly watched the show but has been enjoyable and there is nobody really dislikable in there, I thought Noel could be that person but he is doing okay so far. I think with him its hard to tell if he is being mischievous or serious which makes him come across as likeable to everyone. 

5 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

I thought Noel could be that person but he is doing okay so far. I think with him its hard to tell if he is being mischievous or serious which makes him come across as likeable to everyone.

Have you read Astro's blog? Some interesting insight into Noel there, and it maybe answers your question.

• Paid Members

Actually think we're looking at a Noel win and him taking doing the non-X Factor/BGT/Ant and Dec period of the year on Saturday night ITV. Everyone seems to love him. He's playing an absolute blinder.

Whenever you think he's dead, he kicks out of 2. Cant knock his survival skills. Or his beard.

giphy.gif

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

It's to reflect the huge amounts you could win on Deal Or No Deal. They must have lost the 22 red briefcases he comes with.