The Batshit World of Noel Edmonds

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Everything we know about Noel was wrong, or he’s playing the best long game ever seen. 

I'll go with option B. 

You can see he really wants to win and that he is keeping the real Noel firmly in check. Its early days yet, the mask will slip eventually. 

• Paid Members

This is the first series I've ever watched. I've obviously seen it before in bits and peices but never bothered to try and watch whole episodes or series. I've quiet enjoyed it. The fact that there is no real knobhead in there is a pleasant change to the usual reality bollocks where everyone is trying to recreate the magic of Nasty Nick from Big Brother 1 all the time with faux-tension. It's just a breezy watch with some skin-crawling.

I think Holly has been great too. Enjoy the chemsitry with her and Dec. Plus, you know.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

This is the first series I've ever watched. I've obviously seen it before in bits and peices but never bothered to try and watch whole episodes or series. I've quiet enjoyed it. The fact that there is no real knobhead in there is a pleasant change to the usual reality bollocks where everyone is trying to recreate the magic of Nasty Nick from Big Brother 1 all the time with faux-tension. It's just a breezy watch with some skin-crawling.

I think Holly has been great too. Enjoy the chemsitry with her and Dec. Plus, you know.

The banter between Dec and Holly has been good. But Ant and Dec on this together are unreal in comparison.

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

I've watched one series before, the Wayne Bridge one, and that was good for the same reason this one is - they all seemed to get along, had a laugh together and had a real team sprit whenever someone fucked up a task or were down. Despite it obviously being terrestrial, reality TV show tosh, it was refreshing to watch something optimistic for once.

I tried last years, couldn't get on with it because of some of the nobheadery.

This series has started well - though they are clearly trying to push the drama. The way they oversold Nick/Noel last night, and had Holly/Dec talking about how they knew Noel would start eventually? It's clear they chucked 600,000 notes at him to be a prick. As much as Noel has proven to be a humourless oddball in the past, I sincerely hope he keeps this act up and walks away with 600k, laughing all the way to Lloyds Bank.

I feel bad for Barrowman, though. He comes across as a thoroughly good egg - and yet he still annoys the piss out of me. Dunno why.

Nick Knowles has changed my opinion of him, though. Even when he gave Ann his pillow, I assumed he was being a big fake twat - but sharing his shitty bean burger with a lad who'd just had a roast dinner and pudding was genuinely one of the most innocent, nicest things i've ever seen on TV.

Viva la Nice People.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

There's no Ant without Dec for sure. Dec does the goofy shit and the straight shit better than Ant. 

That said, are there two luckier presenters in show business? Getting paid millions to do BGT, Celeb and 6 episodes of Take Away. They've got the Undertaker gig on bigger money.