Going to the toilet in lessons.

Missjem

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your class might not have any 5yr olds currently but could have done at the start of the term year, I can only talk in general terms not about your class specifically.

And regardless of whether it's 5 minutes or 30 minutes after lunch if my daughter came home in tears having had an accident in class because her teacher wouldn't let her go to the toilet I would make an official complaint to the head and take it further if I felt it necessary. It's an archaic attitude to have and has no place in a modern school system.

Re: Kaz - You're probably right, but unfortunately there are teachers out there with awful attitudes like this. 

1 minute ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Your class might not have any 5yr olds currently but could have done at the start of the term year, I can only talk in general terms not about your class specifically.

And regardless of whether it's 5 minutes or 30 minutes after lunch if my daughter came home in tears having had an accident in class because her teacher wouldn't let her go to the toilet I would make an official complaint to the head and take it further if I felt it necessary. It's an archaic attitude to have and has no place in a modern school system.

Re: Kaz - You're probably right, but unfortunately there are teachers out there with awful attitudes like this. 

I've never had a child wet themselves though. No they start the year aged 6.

1 minute ago, Harry Wiseau said:

When you've gotta go, you've gotta go. You can't plan your internal movements even as an adult let alone at 6. Are you human? Have you ever needed the toilet?

Of course you can. If you are going on a journey don't you go to the toilet before as precaution? This is no different.

2 minutes ago, Missjem said:

I've never had a child wet themselves though.

The point is, they could. That's going to be very embarrassing for any child who is subjected to that. 

Not to mention, how do you expect them to concentrate if they're completely distracted by not pissing themselves in class? 

1 minute ago, Missjem said:

I've never had a child wet themselves though. No they start the year aged 6.

And a girl in my daughter's class was 5 when she started the school year. My experience != your experience. Not sure why that wasn't already clear.

i'd say I hope for your sake it doesn't happen but I hope for the kids sake it doesn't, you're old enough to deal with your own decisions. Social (justice) media is relentless and bloodthirsty, hell of a hill to die on.

Archived