Biggest Matches In Wrestling?

BomberPat

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time Rock was back and wrestling he was god awful on the mic, so if it was a dream match scenario involving Rock Vs anyone it would have to be heel/Hollywood Rock from 2003. Which I doubt Rock would be up for doing.

Would definitely love to see Cena Vs HHH on more time, probably the only really big feel match I can still see myself getting excited for. Naitch managing Triple H instead of Steph would also be great.

Within the wrestling bubble I’d go with Punk and Reigns. Austin would be a bigger opponent for Punk on the whole, but then we’d have two super over faces and nobody really giving a toss about the outcome. 

Punk and Reigns would probably get the most genuine emotion from wrestling fans. 

Bobby Lashley is on the verge of returning to WWE.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0128/636409/backstage-news-on-former-tna-champion-possibly-signing-with-wwe/

Which means Lashley v Lesnar is likely to happen.

That's as close to a dream match as I can think in terms of what's realistically possible.

Is Kurt Angle likely to have a WM program or has that been kiboshed?

It’s hard to create dream matches when there is only one (Cena) genuine star in all of wrestling. You could maybe say Brock but I think his value has dropped greatly over the years. I don’t think the rock will ever wrestle again. I think he’s done so, like Steve Austin, there’s no point in including him. Undertaker has been a wreck for years now.

I think maybe Punk AJ could be something for the hardcores to get excited about. I think he’s coming back eventually after he gets battered in his next fight. 

Within the parameters of who is still able to go, it's probably Punk v HHH. It's probably more an internet fan wankathon but it would be funny all the same.

Mainstream wise it would be something that involves Rock - but I can't see him wrestling again.

Bryan v Reigns would be interesting too - a follow up on the Rumble stuff from a few years back - but obviously Bryan isn' wrestling any time soon. 

14 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Within the parameters of who is still able to go, it's probably Punk v HHH. It's probably more an internet fan wankathon but it would be funny all the same.

Mainstream wise it would be something that involves Rock - but I can't see him wrestling again.

Bryan v Reigns would be interesting too - a follow up on the Rumble stuff from a few years back - but obviously Bryan isn' wrestling any time soon. 

Didn't they do that pretty much straight after the Rimble at the next PPV? Ended with Bryan "endorsing" Reigns afterwards.

Lashley/Lesnar isn't a dream match.

• Paid Members

If he could do just one more match, I'd love to see Steve Austin go up against John Cena.

3 hours ago, Max Power said:

With Triple H’s Internet face turn over the last few years, I think Punk vs Reigns is a lot bigger in that context. What an atmosphere it’d be in that main event.

Any combination of Rock, Brock and Batista is the big mainstream ticket.

• Paid Members

I was really looking forward to Joe Vs Lesnar from the moment Joe signed with WWE, but it left me cold because of how it was booked. There's a better match between them to be had. I'd like to see Nakamura Vs Brock,

• Paid Members

Rumble spoilers

What if Conner McGregor decided he's had enough of real fighting, and does a Rousey and gets into wrestling. Do we thing there would be an audience that considers a worked Brock/McGregor 'Mania match as a "Dream Match", with them both being considered massive draws in the UFC?

Archived