BWR YouTube Channel launched: Robbie X, Ricky Knight Jr, Jody Fleisch, Jonny Storm...

dopper

5 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

R-Rated show was a lot of fun.
Held in an abandoned arcade which looks like it hosts illegal cock fights most of the time, the setting was perfect.

Iceman's return was brief as he legit seemed to knock himself out taking a crazy bump into the crowd barrier - not before his opponent sliced his arm open with a stanley knife though. 

One match had a stip that every time someone hit a superkick someone in the crowd would get a free shot from the dude walking round handing out shots.

Totally agree about the venue, perfect setting for the over-18's only shows and a stark contrast to the very nice Memorial Hall where the regular shows take place.

They said on twitter over the weekend that they are going to keep it separated like that in order to give each show it's own identity. Even the ring announcing: usually it is Richard Young who used to be a FWA referee and he's great at keeping the family crowds lively. At Rated R though they brought in some other guy who is funny and keeps that audience going too.

Iceman said that his entire body went numb after that dodgy bump at ringside, that led to them finishing the match early.

The guy handing out shots often wrestles for the company. He's tagged with Grado a few times and is lots of fun.

32 minutes ago, dopper said:

Totally agree about the venue, perfect setting for the over-18's only shows and a stark contrast to the very nice Memorial Hall where the regular shows take place.

Iceman said that his entire body went numb after that dodgy bump at ringside, that led to them finishing the match early.

Yeah my mate and I were debating whether it was that or the old Granby WMC that is the 'scuzziest' venue we have ever visited.
I think we concluded it was the Granby because at least this place has 'character' and that got it some bonus points - and although the Granby DID have toilets they were so awful that portaloo's would have been preferable.

Hopefully Iceman is okay now. It looked, and sounded, nasty.

Any word on if/when there is another over 18 show as I would love to go again.

There has been a lot of positive feedback so it will happen again, they even teased the next Rated R main event when our boys challenged the RISE boys to a Team Deathmatch at the end of Friday's show.

Events announced currently are as follows:

2nd Anniversary Show at Memorial Hall on July 5th (big family show with some big names coming in for it)

Underground 5 at Lucarly's on 24th August (smaller family show with mostly local talent only)

Youth In Revolt at Lucarly's on 11th October (I think this will just feature people who have come through the BWR training school)

The Last Stand at Memorial Hall on 30th November (big family show with big names expected to come in for it)

Plenty of room around those dates for more shows to be added. I wouldn't want to see shows like Rated R all the time, but if they did one every 3 months or so it would definitely be something to look forward to.

• 4 months later...

Some of the latest news:

Remaining shows from this year are:

Friday November 8th: BWR vs RISE (18+ show) in Cleethorpes

Friday November 29th: BWR The Last Stand in Cleethorpes

They will soon be selling season tickets for all of the 2020 Shows. 8 dates & venues have been announced so far, with possible others to be added later.

They have now launched their YouTube channel and have uploaded two matches from the archives:

Edited by dopper

On 10/21/2019 at 11:34 AM, dopper said:

Some of the latest news:

Remaining shows from this year are:

Saturday November 2nd: BWR vs RISE (18+ show) in Grimsby

Friday November 29th: BWR The Last Stand in Cleethorpes

They will soon be selling season tickets for all of the 2020 Shows. 8 dates & venues have been announced so far, with possible others to be added later.

They have now launched their YouTube channel and have uploaded two matches from the archives:

I'll be in the Rise end on the 2nd - looking forward to it!