UFC Fight Night: Machida vs Anders - Feb 3

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Carbomb said:

Hmmmm, it'd be a good match for Bisping to go out on, but then it wouldn't have the respect-only, no-trash build-up he's looking for, would it? I doubt Bisping would be able to keep his mouth shut regarding Machida's suspension.

Bisping vs Rashad and Machida vs Belfort. UFC 227: Everything Must Go. 

• Paid Members

Quite enjoyed this show. 

Had Machida vs Anders about the same as Jim. Machida 1 and 5, Anders taking the 3 rounds in the middle. Could see the argument for Anders taking the 5th as well, actually. Not the worst decision you'll ever see but I definitely felt like Anders got a bit of a raw deal. 

Valentina Shevchenko looked fantastic in her flyweight debut. Had a feeling she would. She was a cunt hair away from the title at 135, and she wasn't a big bantamweight. Cachoeira took an absolute battering here. Just smashed to a pulp. Yamasaki could've stopped it way sooner. Thank fuck Shev locked that choke on and finished it herself because I don't think Yamasaki was ever going to stop it on a TKO and Cachoeira seemed too tough for her own good. Uncomfortable viewing really but I was pleased to see Shevchenko make a big statement in a new weight class, and over a previously undefeated fighter. 

Santos vs Smith was every bit as savage as I thought it'd be. Loved this fight. Smith is granite but Santos was just bringing the heat at another level. 2018 is only young but this was my 'fight of the first month and a bit' so far. Great stuff. 

Iuri Alcantara looked good on the prelims. Still going strong at 37. It just hasn't panned out at all for Joe Soto in the UFC though, has it? He came in with that heroic effort on a days notice against Dillashaw and seemed like he could go on to be a real contender but it just hasn't worked out. He's gone 3-5 in his 8 UFC fights and has now been finished two times in a row in a combined 90 seconds or something mad. Tough game. 

Good show all in all. The Timothy Johnson vs Marcelo Golm heavyweight fight was the only thing I thought was really shit. Mostly enjoyed the rest. 

16 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Machida was very lucky to get that decision. He called out Bisping after . Which sounds like a perfect Wandshogun  "Everyone please retire after this"  match 

Nah, that would be a handicap match pitting Machida, Belfort, Bisping and Rashad against Schaub.

No drug testing would be permitted, and the fight would be fought under the rule set used for UFC 1. 

• Paid Members

I like it. I upvoted it. I want to see it. 

You'd have to throw a juiced up Wanderlei in there as well though. And allow stomps and soccer kicks. Fuck it, let Woodley get a couple of digs in while we're at it. For the brothers. 

Brendan 'Big Racist' Schaub wouldn't know what hit him. It'd make the Rodney King riots look like tea and biscuits round my nan's. 

• Paid Members

I had Machida losing that too. Anyway, Bisping is famously very apprehensive fighting blokes that have pissed hot, so not sure he'll bother with Machida.

The story of the show seems to be Yamasaki forgetting part of his job is to protect fighters. Not only did he let Cachoeira take far too many shots, but he missed Cachoeira tapping out two times before he eventually saw a tap. I'm not usually a fan of Dana shitting on refs, but it's impossible not to be infuriated with Yamasaki's performance because of the horrific consequences his ineptitude could have caused Cachoeira and the sport. Proper jabroni (I'm bringing it back) of a ref.

Archived