Sign in to follow this  
Ralphy

The Mental Health thread

Some fine words for us all, chaps.  Excellent posts.

One I try to remember is Suicide doesn't end pain, it transfers it to other people.  I know it's rich coming from me but there you go.

Thank-you all for your support.

My heads still a mess, I've had little sleep and what little I have had, has been broken up by stress/horrible thoughts.

@IANdrewDiceClay I feel in a similar boat to you, life is just constantly slapping me in the face with things and there is no seemingly light at the end of the tunnel. It's gradually wore me down to the point of exhaustion.

@Cod Eye 

Thank-you for the offer and words of support. I couldn't find your article via Google search but I am interested in reading it.

My son is my world and within that I think I have made things worse for myself by trying to be a one man band and massively over protective. I have good reason as he has been through enough and I fought two hard years to get him and done what I can to raise him the right way (Whatever that may be these days.) All I would like to do is be there for him but the pressure of work/life/etc mounts up.

Within that, I have put so much effort in trying to do my best that I have forgotten who I am and that I should try and make sure there is a balance where we can be happy. I just cannot seem to find a point to begin with.

Once again, thank-you all for your words and support. I am going to try and get some help today. Hopefully I can move forward from here.

3 hours ago, Rule One said:

Thank-you all for your support.

My heads still a mess, I've had little sleep and what little I have had, has been broken up by stress/horrible thoughts.

@IANdrewDiceClay I feel in a similar boat to you, life is just constantly slapping me in the face with things and there is no seemingly light at the end of the tunnel. It's gradually wore me down to the point of exhaustion.

@Cod Eye 

Thank-you for the offer and words of support. I couldn't find your article via Google search but I am interested in reading it.

My son is my world and within that I think I have made things worse for myself by trying to be a one man band and massively over protective. I have good reason as he has been through enough and I fought two hard years to get him and done what I can to raise him the right way (Whatever that may be these days.) All I would like to do is be there for him but the pressure of work/life/etc mounts up.

Within that, I have put so much effort in trying to do my best that I have forgotten who I am and that I should try and make sure there is a balance where we can be happy. I just cannot seem to find a point to begin with.

Once again, thank-you all for your words and support. I am going to try and get some help today. Hopefully I can move forward from here.

I hope the mods don't mind me posting the details and link to the magazine on here? I know there is a separate forum for that kind of thing. If there is any objections, please feel free to let me know and I'll edit the post!

The magazine is called "Popcorn Horror" and is available at: https://payhip.com/popcornhorror. All the issues are available on a pay what you like basis, so you can just download the issue for free if you like. The issue with said article in is the June 2017 issue. 

Just going back to Mirtazapine for a moment: I know that these medications usually take anywhere from two to six weeks to start being effective, so maybe it's a placebo thing, but after only a couple days on Mirtazapine I have to say I feel...I don't know, contended? A lot calmer. Just kinda chilled, even though the stresses I have - looming final year uni deadlines, targets at work, money troubles - haven't changed, my attitude towards them seems to have. Really cool.

25 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Just going back to Mirtazapine for a moment: I know that these medications usually take anywhere from two to six weeks to start being effective, so maybe it's a placebo thing, but after only a couple days on Mirtazapine I have to say I feel...I don't know, contended? A lot calmer. Just kinda chilled, even though the stresses I have - looming final year uni deadlines, targets at work, money troubles - haven't changed, my attitude towards them seems to have. Really cool.

I know it can take a while to bring the serotonin levels up(or however the things work), but it had a calming effect and sorted my sleeping patterns out almost immediately. 

11 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

I know it can take a while to bring the serotonin levels up(or however the things work), but it had a calming effect and sorted my sleeping patterns out almost immediately. 

Tbh I slept quite badly last night, with two 3.5mg Zopi's and one 15mg Mirtazapine. At least, my recollection is that I slept badly. I didn't go to sleep until half past midnight or so and was up at 6:15. Maybe my sleep is of a better quality than I'm realising.

8 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Tbh I slept quite badly last night, with two 3.5mg Zopi's and one 15mg Mirtazapine. At least, my recollection is that I slept badly. I didn't go to sleep until half past midnight or so and was up at 6:15. Maybe my sleep is of a better quality than I'm realising.

Thats interesting actually. I haven't put 2 and 2 together until your last post, but a while back my Dr prescribed me a fortnights worth of Zolipdem(sleeping tablets) to get me through a bad patch I was having. Although I dropped off fairly easily, that two weeks were full fitful nights. I put it down to the stress at the time, but may have been down to mixing the two medications?

8 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Thats interesting actually. I haven't put 2 and 2 together until your last post, but a while back my Dr prescribed me a fortnights worth of Zolipdem(sleeping tablets) to get me through a bad patch I was having. Although I dropped off fairly easily, that two weeks were full fitful nights. I put it down to the stress at the time, but may have been down to mixing the two medications?

Yeah, possibly. I never really find the Z sleeping drugs to be that effective - and Zopiclone always leaves me with a nasty metallic taste in my mouth the whole night and next day. A  benzo of some kind would be much more effective but doctors these days aren't prescribing them for sleep hardly at all.

16 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Yeah, possibly. I never really find the Z sleeping drugs to be that effective - and Zopiclone always leaves me with a nasty metallic taste in my mouth the whole night and next day. A  benzo of some kind would be much more effective but doctors these days aren't prescribing them for sleep hardly at all.

That taste, along with the hungover feeling I always had next day,  was the reason I went to the GP's to swap the Zopiclone for something different. I was told that taking them with milk would stop it but I had made my mind up so he put me on the Mitrazopine and Amytriptoline. He said that as long as I cold get a minimum of 6 hours sleep a night, I wouldn't feel any hangover the next day, and to be fair to him he was right...

I have now completed the wellness workshop, and i am now awaiting a CBT assessment appointment, knowing the nhs this will be around the year 2029. 

anyone done one of those? 

I hope i can see someone soon, i need it

I decided to go for a jog/intense walk this morning, i usually just walk at a steady pace for a few hours and leave it at that, but i enjoyed it today and it made me feel better, somewhat. I also did 1 hour weight training, being active sure does help me, mentally at least. It does not help me sleep sadly, or help with my digestion problems

@Rule One I apologise in advance if this sounds crass, it isn't my intention.  Reggie Parks doesn't make a belt all by himself.  Someone else might handle little parts of the whole design and manufacture because he knows by delegating some of the tasks to skilled people, he can concentrate on what HE is good at.  His belts wouldn't be as good without delegation, so to speak.

I am in no way comparing your son to a Wrestling belt!

I'm always fascinate by things like this, but people are more concerned with the colour of my suit not being suitable than the cuts on my wrist.

I've felt a lot better since seeing my mum dying before me, then being brought back by the paramedics. It's like an epithany. A shock to the system.