Update to my post from last week. Just found out the dog's going to be ok. I've never felt relief like it. So happy right now. This week has been hell, I've barely spoken to anyone. But I'm so thankful for this result today. Just wanted to share some good news for a change. 

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasn't really sure where to put this, but here seems about the most appropriate place in my eyes.  I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone on here for the posts and replies and messa

It's mental health awareness day, y'all. This is me saying "you got this."  If you're struggling, talk to someone. Text a mate. Ring your mum. Confide in your partner. See your GP. Visit a

No. It’s you who’s finding fault after fault with you, not the entire world. Without meaning to sound glib, if you were as bad as you think then you wouldn’t have gotten the interview in the first pla

Posted Images

• Paid Members
On 11/14/2020 at 10:15 AM, DavidB6937 said:

Yep I've cried over cats but not over actual humans. I know some people don't get the pet thing but when you spend so much time with them they do become like family etc.

Well, dogs, but yeah. I remember weeping for almost an hour after my dog got run over when I was a young 'un, but I don't really do much of any emotion nowadays. I had a little outburst when I found out my stepdad was going to pass away, but that was it. Emotions and I have always had an odd relationship. That's (probably) Autism for you. Pets become a part of the family, and the love they give is normally unconditional as well. I'm. Glad your friend's dog is going to be OK @lars85

Last night was the first time in a very long time that I felt it come on physically, I was just sat on the sofa with my wife and youngest son and suddenly I felt it just felt it as if someone was pouring some kind of liquid weight over me and draining everything I'd got left. I managed to muster up smiles to interact with him and only had to hide it for an hour or so last night but today it feels just the same. I know it's just an imbalance and shall pass but this is the worst it's got me for a long time, so long that I'm struggling to remember the tricks I used to fake it with that don't involve pouring booze over it which never helps but is always my go to answer. It'll pass but today has already been a struggle and I cant see it getting better for a while. It is what it is. 

• Awards Moderator

Good luck with it @Harry Wiseau. If you don't feel comfortable talking to your wife

a) thanks for sharing here

b) talk to someone else trained. Can I suggest Samaritans (116 123) or MIND (0300 123 3393)?

• 2 weeks later...

This past week has been tough for me from a mental health perspective. I’ve felt absolutely awful at times and the worst part about it is that I don’t actually know why.

When I’ve struggled in the past I’ve generally found there’s a reason for it - something I could talk about even if I didn’t actually talk about it. But this time? There’s no explanation. I just feel shit. 

Maybe 2020 is finally catching up with me, I don’t know.

42 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

This past week has been tough for me from a mental health perspective. I’ve felt absolutely awful at times and the worst part about it is that I don’t actually know why.

When I’ve struggled in the past I’ve generally found there’s a reason for it - something I could talk about even if I didn’t actually talk about it. But this time? There’s no explanation. I just feel shit. 

Maybe 2020 is finally catching up with me, I don’t know.

I was doing well for most of the year. Felt pretty positive etc. Thought I could push through all of it. But the longer this year went on the more I struggled. I do feel like it caught up with me, especially this time of year which is usually pretty positive and enjoyable for me personally. I think quite a few people are in a similar situation where it's just finally got to them.

Thanks for sharing that @DavidB6937. I’m really sorry to hear you’re also feeling that way, but it’s a strange relief to know I’m not the only one who has felt a sudden, inexplicable whack of depression. It’s so easy to think ‘what on earth is wrong with me?’, without even considering that it’s a very human response (albeit a shitty one) to what has been a really tough year. 

• Paid Members

I've been struggling a bit for the past few weeks as well. I've been constantly tired and lacking energy and motivation to do anything and with a general feeling of doom and gloom. My ability to concentrate went to shit as well and I've found it hard to even watch a film or read a book. Entire days have passed without me really doing anything.

The only explanation I can think is that I've been off work for three weeks, since COVID restrictions have really fucked Scotland's hospitality industry and I've been forced to take all my holidays at once. Logically that shouldn't necessarily be a bad thing and I could use this free time productively but, again, lack of energy, motivation, etc.

I have been feeling a lot better this week though so hopefully the worst has passed.