Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

I've had a rough few weeks where I ended up being taken to hospital again Thursday after having another stress related meltdown. 

Took the decision to step away from looking at teaching jobs for the time being (I'm still registered to do cover work but I'll only be doing a day here or there I think) until next September. 

Applied yesterday for a full time role at McDonald's taking in deliveries, around the site maintenence etc, got offered an interview straight away and got a job offer on the spot this morning where they want to also teach me how to do the opens on a store too. 

Just being able to take a step forward right now might help my brain, I've been so exhausted the last few weeks, this finally feels like a win. 

That sounds awesome, and is a clear reflection on you and what you're capable of. Many congratulations!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasn't really sure where to put this, but here seems about the most appropriate place in my eyes.  I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone on here for the posts and replies and messa

It's mental health awareness day, y'all. This is me saying "you got this."  If you're struggling, talk to someone. Text a mate. Ring your mum. Confide in your partner. See your GP. Visit a

I have little to add to the above stories, but people should feel free comfortable to use this thread just to get these thoughts out, even if the mostly unqualified UKFF don't comment. People do read

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

I've had a rough few weeks where I ended up being taken to hospital again Thursday after having another stress related meltdown. 

Took the decision to step away from looking at teaching jobs for the time being (I'm still registered to do cover work but I'll only be doing a day here or there I think) until next September. 

Applied yesterday for a full time role at McDonald's taking in deliveries, around the site maintenence etc, got offered an interview straight away and got a job offer on the spot this morning where they want to also teach me how to do the opens on a store too. 

Just being able to take a step forward right now might help my brain, I've been so exhausted the last few weeks, this finally feels like a win. 

Small steps mate. Do you get a decent discount? :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Paid Members
6 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Small steps mate. Do you get a decent discount? :)

Literally the first thing Mother asked me too 😂

Meal on shift I'm sure there has to be a discount too. 

Most amazing thing was seeing the kitchen at work. It's scary how much like a like restaurant kitchen it is with people on different work stations making sure food is prepped for the exact same moment. I've binged Hell's Kitchen all weekend and I was sure I was having some form of fever dream. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

After an utterly shite week including mates going missing, missing, multiple safeguarding calls for clients and dad having cancerous/pre cancerous cells removed, again. 

I got dv'd by my partner Sat night. That's every single partner, ever. They spent most of yesterday ignoring me, wrapped in a ball of shame and guilt, didn't even ask how I was doing after they'd smacked me. 

Was I some kind of evil bastard in a previous life or something. 

Getting real sick of this :/

Link to post
Share on other sites

@patiircI hope you are doing ok, that should pretty awful.

I hope this doesn't come off as being cold but in an attempt to be pragmatic, its rarely anything the victim does wrong where DV is involved - it's almost always about the perpetrator and their short comings. If this has been something that has happened to you with all your partners, I would maybe be thinking about what are the common personality traits of the people you are getting involved with, is there a 'type' that you are attracted to and this is part of their M.O?  Have you ever discussed the past DV with a professional? I think it may be something worth looking in to to get some support for yourself because you don't deserve to attacked by your partner and it isn't something you should have to put up with.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats shy dad! Do u have to fix the ice cream machine? 

Anyone got tips on how not to binge eat? I honestly cannot stop once u get started, I get into a trance and eat insane amounts of biscuits chocolate bars and cakes. I then feel tremendous remorse, sadness, guilt

I eat decent real meals, plenty I'd fruit veg proteins and drink a fair bit of water but don't feel full

I often cry once I've eaten and I honestly get very low at how hungry I am and find it upsetting

I am fairly obsessed with food, years of restriction, dieting and routine has ruined me. 

I sometimes over excercise or fast to compensate but it doesn't work. 

My weight is healthy so u don't get taken seriously. 

Sadly I think my gender is another reason why I'm not taken seriously. I find food to be a drug for me one that is easily accessible and often the crap I eat is what is most affordable and convenient 

I'm in bed atm resisting the urge to throw the open packs of biscuits away and donate the unopened ones into the food bank trolley in asda but I know give it a few days I will just end up buying them again

I get frustrated I can't enjoy food like a normal person

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, deathrey said:

@patiircI hope you are doing ok, that should pretty awful.

I hope this doesn't come off as being cold but in an attempt to be pragmatic, its rarely anything the victim does wrong where DV is involved - it's almost always about the perpetrator and their short comings. If this has been something that has happened to you with all your partners, I would maybe be thinking about what are the common personality traits of the people you are getting involved with, is there a 'type' that you are attracted to and this is part of their M.O?  Have you ever discussed the past DV with a professional? I think it may be something worth looking in to to get some support for yourself because you don't deserve to attacked by your partner and it isn't something you should have to put up with.

Ive had a good look into that previously and ironically enough have just started counselling through my EAP looking at stuff in relationships as I thought this one would be different been single single for around 6 years so the help I had following  my last major relationship may have been in need of a boost.

In terms of DV each person has been very different in type, some outgoing, some introverted, all very manipulative and either physically violent, emotionally controlling or those that unleash the most mental of mental response. Been through my fair share of narcissists and it may be ironically that because I appear to be strong it's like I'm a moth to a flame with them.

However, I'd really like not to get battered again as this is becoming common and I'm not sure why it repeats. Speaking to Galop tomorrow and will see from there tbh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ralphy said:

Anyone got tips on how not to binge eat?

If you don’t mind me asking, Ralphy, what do you consider binge eating? I must be honest, a while back when you went into detail about how much you were eating, it really didn’t sound like that much, especially for somebody who walks miles upon miles a day. I do appreciate that’s easy for me to say, of course, but it would be interesting to know.

Edited by Slapnut
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Literally the first thing Mother asked me too 😂

Meal on shift I'm sure there has to be a discount too. 

Most amazing thing was seeing the kitchen at work. It's scary how much like a like restaurant kitchen it is with people on different work stations making sure food is prepped for the exact same moment. I've binged Hell's Kitchen all weekend and I was sure I was having some form of fever dream. 

Never mind that .

 

 

You’re first job is to make sure sure the ice cream machine is running !

 

Seriously , well done on the new challenge !

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...