• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasn't really sure where to put this, but here seems about the most appropriate place in my eyes.  I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone on here for the posts and replies and messa

It's mental health awareness day, y'all. This is me saying "you got this."  If you're struggling, talk to someone. Text a mate. Ring your mum. Confide in your partner. See your GP. Visit a

I have little to add to the above stories, but people should feel free comfortable to use this thread just to get these thoughts out, even if the mostly unqualified UKFF don't comment. People do read

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I’m on sertraline, have been since I OD’d. I don’t feel sad or consider topping myself anymore but I don’t feel anything. I just exist. 

well existence means you can still have a chippy tea, so existing is a good thing! 

i have a drs appt on Wednesday, so will have a chin wag with him then and see what happens 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

I’m on sertraline, have been since I OD’d. I don’t feel sad or consider topping myself anymore but I don’t feel anything. I just exist. 

I was the same. I didn't feel like me, it was like I was looking after the body while Dave had gone away for a while.

Fluxatine made me very aggressive and reckless. I went to my GP mighty quick on that.

As I'm filling the tread with rubbish despite the recent spell of paranoia and delusion I'm doing well, but today I was told I'm being promoted at work and felt awful all day for it because seemingly I can't process good things but found great amusement in that, which gives me a delightful paradox.

As a reasonably frequent drinker I've also learnt when to take my meds around drinking to not make me really ill for 12 hours, which is a real boon now I'm caring for someone and can't just black out on the floor anymore.

• Paid Members

I had Sertraline when my anxiety and depression was really bad while my lady was going through cancer treatmentl. Just made me angry. I probably made a mistake doing so, but after I kept having shouted arguments with my lady I stopped taking them cold turkey. I know you're not supposed to. Same when I was taking bets blockers. 

• Awards Moderator

It's mental health awareness day, y'all. This is me saying "you got this." 

20191010_072607.thumb.jpg.10225faa5a9428083c44cca9322214ec.jpg

If you're struggling, talk to someone. Text a mate. Ring your mum. Confide in your partner. See your GP. Visit a local support group. PM me if you're that desperate. Just know that every day can be a little better, and find the joy in the small things. 

<insert 'your cock' joke here>

• Paid Members

I can confirm @Onyx2 is one of the nicest and most helpful people on here. He reached out to me when I was having some issues, multiple times in fact and for a relative stranger to do that is a wonderful thing. Plus he does have some cracking shirts

• Awards Moderator
51 minutes ago, mim731 said:

@Onyx2 I know it's not 100% the point of your post (which is very important and this in no way should trivialise that), but that's a cracking shirt you're rocking there. 

Hey thanks! Nothing wrong with getting a compliment. I believe it's this one, a birthday present from Mrs Onyx last year. 

• 2 weeks later...

CBD as in the cannabis stuff or CBT? I did lots of CBT sessions and found it helped a lot, I'd a great psychologist who set me up with practical strategies for my anxiety which is generally socially related. Was hard work, but definitely beneficial. I'd been on a myriad of anti-depressants prior to that and to an anxiety support group, which did 0 for anxiety. I'd be of the general idea that you'd be better long term trying to get to the cause of the anxiety and ways to manage it, rather than just masking it with medication. But if it helps short term to get you through, then no harm.

I'm on a low dose of Venlafaxine the last few months, but that was to help deal with my marriage that fell to bits and not for anxiety. I'm doing grand these days thank jaysus. Mood good, sleeping well and the job and love life ticking over okay. Big change from 12 months ago when I was struggling to get out of bed, and was a sobbing unshowered mess most of the time.

@DCW I did mean CBD as in the cannabis extract. Pleased to see you're doing better now.

As for CBT and the like, I've tried almost every related form of therapy going. It helps massively, no doubt, but I went out for a meal and to the cinema last night and spent the evening in one constant panic. Thankfully managed to hold it together but still, it's torture when you're going through it. Constantly thinking you're one palpitation away from flat-lining.

I've used CBD oil for anxiety. I got some of this (https://www.lovecbd.org/product/300mg-dutch-cbd-oil-spray/) as it was my first time trying it and didn't want to spend a fortune when I didn't know if it'd work or not. It's very cheap compared to a lot of the others on offer but seems to do the trick. I'm well aware it could just be a placebo as from what I've read it's a weak dosage compared to the others they sell, but if it works, it works.