Wasn't really sure where to put this, but here seems about the most appropriate place in my eyes. 

I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone on here for the posts and replies and messages i have received over the past few months, i honestly think that this forum has kept me sane and really helped me laugh, cry, and everything in between and come out of it a better, and Weller person. 

I am the king of making a tit of myself and doing silly things and the help, and humor of you all really helps me pull through! 

Still having issues with binge eating, and i do walk too much still, but its not as bad as it was, but the biggest changes are that i am no longer as scared of my dad and feel more comfortable around the house and i am sleeping better

I start at the charity shop shortly 

In regards sleep, i have been prescribed 25mg of Phenergan and they work a treat, but oddly, now im sleeping better, i have far less energy! 

anyone else had these? 

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasn't really sure where to put this, but here seems about the most appropriate place in my eyes.  I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone on here for the posts and replies and messa

It's mental health awareness day, y'all. This is me saying "you got this."  If you're struggling, talk to someone. Text a mate. Ring your mum. Confide in your partner. See your GP. Visit a

I have little to add to the above stories, but people should feel free comfortable to use this thread just to get these thoughts out, even if the mostly unqualified UKFF don't comment. People do read

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Ralphy said:

Wasn't really sure where to put this, but here seems about the most appropriate place in my eyes. 

I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone on here for the posts and replies and messages i have received over the past few months, i honestly think that this forum has kept me sane and really helped me laugh, cry, and everything in between and come out of it a better, and Weller person

I am the king of making a tit of myself and doing silly things and the help, and humor of you all really helps me pull through! 

Still having issues with binge eating, and i do walk too much still, but its not as bad as it was, but the biggest changes are that i am no longer as scared of my dad and feel more comfortable around the house and i am sleeping better

I start at the charity shop shortly 

In regards sleep, i have been prescribed 25mg of Phenergan and they work a treat, but oddly, now im sleeping better, i have far less energy! 

anyone else had these? 

476783_v9_ba.jpg

Nah in all seriousness Ralphy, pleased to hear you're feeling better. This forum is a great support network.

1 hour ago, Ralphy said:

Still having issues with binge eating, and i do walk too much still,

I have a crack in my screen and I scan read that as “wank too much still” and was going to say that’s never a problem.

Best of luck Ralphy, enjoy walking to work and eating plain crisps :)

4 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I have a crack in my screen and I scan read that as “wank too much still” and was going to say that’s never a problem.

Best of luck Ralphy, enjoy walking to work and eating plain crisps :)

plain and boring, much like the muncher himself! 

• Paid Members

I'm also in a hugely better headspace. 

The temporary flat I've been living in on campus has a few good guys ill see around when I move into my proper room next week (maintenance over the summer led to a delay). The course is going well and I've got my first 2 day placement on the 23rd and then my first proper school the week after. The course is all super nice and I actually sound like I know what I'm on about when I answer questions. 

Plus I have so many gigs. Seeing Frank Carter and Slaves and more Sunday at some Peaky Blinders event, Muse Tuesday, potentially Mallory Knox at the end of the month and loads more. It's helping me see more of Birmingham so that's cool. 

All I have to do is lose the beer gut I developed during my down time and I should be happy and healthier than I have been in a very long time. 

• Paid Members

I’m going to Florida in a weeks time for the weekend and I’ve just burst into tears feeling all depressed to my wife. I feel so stupid. The reason for doing so is because, mostly work and mostly family.

with work I work in a sales job so I get an average basic and a bonus. This year we’ve had some weird targets. Normally after a few months it sorts itself out and I start getting a bit of my bonus. But this year there have been “errors” so the promise of next month keeps happening. I’m the main breadwinner and so I feel the strain of that, and am fearful if I go elsewhere it may not improve enough, or if it doesn’t work out I’m putting our house on the line and I’m trying to be sensible. But I’m working hard, closing deals and just not getting the reward. We do try and love as much as we can on the basic, but life is getting more expensive and it’s getting harder. No drinking, gambling sky tv etc.

homelife my son has started at a special needs school and already seems to be improving. My wife does a lot for him at home, so it’s not just down to the school but I just feel a bit overwhelmed. Our marriage almost ended a few months ago as well, and we’ve been trying to make it work and we’re moving in the right direction. But it’s been a tough few years for us with the realities of how severe my son is. 

God I know this is ramblings of a mad man now, but I just felt the need to say something where people I know don’t see it. I’m waiting for my first therapist appointment after being diagnosed with mild depression and anxiety. 

Sorry this probably makes no sense. 

Do you take medication? Not the answer to everything but it can stabilise (along with therapy in whatever guise that may be).

As someone who worked in recruitment for years, it can be stressful working a job where you rely on bonuses. I realised that this was bad for both my physical and mental health and jacked it in. Was scary but necessary.

• Paid Members

I'm being made redundant. Got told this at the end of August, I finish up in two weeks time. What with the suicide of my 26 y/o brother last year, I'm feeling very sorry for myself but also feeling like life's genuinely giving me an absolute battering here. Just fancied a whinge.

Cheers.

• Awards Moderator

I have little to add to the above stories, but people should feel free comfortable to use this thread just to get these thoughts out, even if the mostly unqualified UKFF don't comment. People do read it, and it's cathartic to write it down. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Do you take medication? Not the answer to everything but it can stabilise (along with therapy in whatever guise that may be).

As someone who worked in recruitment for years, it can be stressful working a job where you rely on bonuses. I realised that this was bad for both my physical and mental health and jacked it in. Was scary but necessary.

No. I was prescribed some after a car crash which left me with insomnia so didn’t stay on them for long. 

I had this almost same situation 2 years ago. I was offered the chance to take some time off. Double edge sword though because less chance of hitting a bonus. But I’ve only had 1 proper week off this year. Any other holiday has just been an odd day. Plus I work from home meaning that I spend a lot of time in isolation, and in turn far too much time on here. But I think I need to start thinking about something else. I was offered a tube driver job almost 2 years ago. I’m still waiting for a start date! Last update was possibly spring of next year. But I don’t  think I can wait for that to start and may need something in the mean time.

thanks for sharing your experience too. I think you realised at a good time.

@Wretch I’m in no position to help, but as Onyx said, try and keep your chin up. Life definitely has dealt you some bad hands. I hope things get more positive 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch
4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

The reason for doing so is because, mostly work and mostly family.

This is what stood out for me.  This shows that your concern isn't so much for yourself but for your loved ones and that is a wonderful characteristic to have.  As I'm sure you know, depression is a very lonely and sometimes selfish place.  You have loved ones, embrace them and let them embrace you.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

This is what stood out for me.  This shows that your concern isn't so much for yourself but for your loved ones and that is a wonderful characteristic to have.  As I'm sure you know, depression is a very lonely and sometimes selfish place.  You have loved ones, embrace them and let them embrace you.

Thank you. I have had the opportunity to work for other companies in the same industry. I’d have had better pay, but had to travel more and less job security. And getting the mortgage paid is my number one priority. My wife couldn’t support us with her part time work if anything happened to me and that alone causes stress. But because of our son she cannot work any more then she does, plus the stuff she does for/with him has helped him improve so much. We’re unsure if he’ll ever be able to talk properly. But he can now count to 10, say spider, blast off and, most annoyingly for her, Daddy. The irony is I’m 4th in his favourite people behind my wife, mother in law and his sister 😂

Whatever I do next, it will need to make sure I’m able to pay the mortgage and bills. And I don’t even mind a bit of extra stress, as long as it’s compensated. 

9 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

I have little to add to the above stories, but people should feel free comfortable to use this thread just to get these thoughts out, even if the mostly unqualified UKFF don't comment. People do read it, and it's cathartic to write it down. 

I have been meaning to post this for a while.

I would just like to agree with this post and say how great it is to have a least one place on here that is almost completely void of dickhead comments. It is heartwarming for me to read so many caring and compassionate comments towards people who may well be strangers, yet the good folk on here find the time for kind words and good advice.

I don't really post or comment in here but I have to say that this thread has been so helpful to read, just in terms of making me feel far less alone in my fucked up head. Sometimes it's an absolute nightmare looking around at everyone and feeling like everyone's got their shit together. So to know that's not actually true helps a lot. Not that I take any pleasure in the misfortune of others, but knowing I'm not the only one that struggles means a lot.