• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Ah, it may not be for me then, given its 2.07am as of time of posting and i cant sleep much...! 

To be fair, I put it down to the tablets, but I’m always struggling to sleep. My mind finds it hard to stop

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasn't really sure where to put this, but here seems about the most appropriate place in my eyes.  I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone on here for the posts and replies and messa

It's mental health awareness day, y'all. This is me saying "you got this."  If you're struggling, talk to someone. Text a mate. Ring your mum. Confide in your partner. See your GP. Visit a

I have little to add to the above stories, but people should feel free comfortable to use this thread just to get these thoughts out, even if the mostly unqualified UKFF don't comment. People do read

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Move on Sunday for this whole new life in Walsall learning to teach that I never thought I'd be good enough for. 

So obviously my brain has done a complete nose dive the last 4 days that resulted in me getting black out drunk last night and already in a pub by 1pm today because I'm back feeling that I don't deserve anything good that comes my way. 

Worst part is when I went to Truck Festival this summer I did it with like 30 strangers who became so close with me (we even ended up becoming semi popular on twitter because of it) and I've sacked all of them off because I feel they can do better than me. 

At this point I only want to feel well enough so I can pack but yet again years of people telling me how worthless I am or treating me like crap has me doing it for myself now. 

Hopefully this is just a blip and you can recover in time to do said move and teaching, i look forward to meeting you soon, there is a direct bus from my town to walsall, takes about 1 hour, only £3 return 

if i feel bad, i turn to sugar, its very hard to stop once i get going, so in some ways i guess i may know somehow how u feel, just with a different substance, and diabetes 

anyone else on here ever been tested, as an adult, for aspergers/autism spectrum things? 

I am in the process of being tested for it, i have submitted the forms and done a tick box questionnaire, don't know what happens from here on 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Ralphy said:

anyone else on here ever been tested, as an adult, for aspergers/autism spectrum things? 

I am in the process of being tested for it, i have submitted the forms and done a tick box questionnaire, don't know what happens from here on 

A psychiatrist has referred me onto the Autism service. I filled in paperwork in January 2018. I hear the wait time for a response is between 2-6 years. I probably need to try and chase them up. 

On 8/30/2019 at 2:05 PM, Shy Dad said:

Move on Sunday for this whole new life in Walsall

Look at those words. I know the black dog can be very hard to reason with, but it has to accept that there’s no way that a life in Walsall is too good for you. Even if you’re the worst of the worst, moving to Walsall is about what you’d deserve.

7 hours ago, Ralphy said:

Yeah got diagnosed earlier this year, took about 3-4 years from start to finish. For me it involved about 3 sessions with the autism service to nail down whether it was autism or adhd. 

I think it can depend on where you live on how long it will take to see someone. For me I had to chase it up with the doctors regularly as they repeatedly never got a response back from the autism service. 

21 hours ago, Ralphy said:

I'm not following you around on here to comment on your health Ralphy but I do have an adult friend who was tested and confirmed as having Asperger's at around 23 years old I believe. He had always been super shy and pretty incapable of getting a job or integrating with people. His mum always thought he was just shy and awkward I think as he was on OK student up to GCSE. It was when he was around 21-23 he started to get into cardio based sports especially cycling and was cycling extreme amounts and not really eating. There's some horrific photos of him from around the time looking so skinny. He would never go out in groups unless his 2 best mates were there. Then one day after he had been diagnosed and had a support worker, support groups etc for some time he suddenly decided to start coming out on his own to things with other people, talking to others he didn't know so well and eventually became the big fat pudding of a man he is today (I say that with love by the way). Since then he moved in with a couple we are friends with for a year or so, then was offered housing in the village we are from and lives a very good independent life. Although he gets benefit, he works almost full time for a charity in Autism helping those more in need for free so it kind of balances out. You wouldn't know he has aspergers and in fact he drinks and parties more than any of us these days.

From what I know, he had the tests then got referred to support workers and got the help he needed. Can't say you'd be the same as him in any way but if you can milk the system to finally get a place for yourself mate I reckon this could do wonders for you!

I've always struggled with low moods etc, however the last month has been horrendous.

I split with my partner of 12 years back in January as she was cheating. Feeling low I self medicated with cocaine but stopped that pretty sharpish as I could feel myself sliding further mentally.

I completely broke down about 2 weeks ago and finally fessed up to how I was feeling to the doctor who prescribed 50mg Sertraline to start. Two weeks later that's been increased to 100mg.

Tofay was my first day back at work and I spent the entire morning working myself into a state to the point of walking into work and completely breaking down on a senior manager and being sent home.

Every day is a constant struggle and I don't know how much more l can take

• Paid Members
On 9/1/2019 at 8:15 AM, Ralphy said:

I did the NHS test which I scored high enough to be seen and then booked a Dr’s appointment who told me they don’t see adults in my council. I could get a referral from a therapist (which I’m on the waiting list for and due to be seen later this year) or could go private. But if you go private, the NHS doesn’t recognise it. It’s crazy really. It’s more for my own sanity and understanding my day to day life then for anything financial because I don’t think I’d be entitled to anything any way. 

Thanks all, i have to jot down any issues ive had since childhood and take it to the doctors, i am going to need a lot of paper and 50000000000000000 pens. 

I am trying to get a batter relationship with my dad, my mum has had a word with him and he seems a bit better with me as of today anyway, im hoping that now i feel a tad more welcome in the house i wont have to do insane amounts of walking or comfort eat myself into oblivion, ive done 90500 steps since 4.45am yesterday, which is not good as ive walked myself into the ground

got a few things going course wise, looking at apprenticeships, going to attempt at least to do a few hours i na charity shop soon, see how i get on 

On 9/1/2019 at 8:15 AM, Ralphy said:

I have worked in the field for years.. 

You will likely be offered at least 2x 1 hour sessions to talk about the background, school reports, history etc. They will do a load of formal structured assessments and produce a report. Some areas take 2+years just to be seen so I'd be patient as much as possible. 

From my experience once that is done they will write to you saying if you have ASD or not. This normally leads nowhere as services won't provide ASD interventions unless you are on the v severe end and if you are an adult aand not been diagnosed in childhood its unlikely. 

What prompted you to be assessed? In our area we won't offer an assessment wwithoutt a clear indication howw it wouldd be of any actual benefit to get a diagnosis (e.g University applications can be helped by it) 

Edited by Michael_3165