Sign in to follow this  
Ralphy

The Mental Health thread

Getting married on saturday, kinda freaking out that the other half is going to realise how much better than me she is. 

I mean, she is, but shouldnt be this level of freaked and scared. Hell, it's my second marriage.

Hope it all goes well. 

Well, I'm on my way to work and the only thing I'm taking comfort in right now is that there's not going to be as much atuff left from last night for me to finish on top of whatever will be left from this morning. 

Just to follow on from my last post in here I stopped my medication to try and muster up some strength to do something stupidand ended up off work for 2weeks, which was mostly spent asleep or hiding from the world.

However I'm now aware I was convinced people could read my thoughts, which is a paranoid delusion based on research on the interweb. This isn't really part of my diagnosed condition of dysthym from what I understand, so should I raise it or is it just normal enough for a depressive episode.

I’ve had a rough couple of days and just need to get it off my chest. I don’t know where this slump has come from but it’s knocked me for six - slept for 19 hours last night/today and still wanted to go back to sleep when I woke up.

I’ve had a great few months - nothing to bring me down, I’ve been seeing a great guy who’s the first person to give me butterflies whenever I hear from him, my job is going ok, family are good, etc.

But on Monday I had a mild panic attack, anything is making me want to cry. My anxiety has gone through the roof - worrying about getting a new manager, worrying I’m going to fuck up this relationship, worrying that no-one wants to be my friend. I don’t know what’s brought it on.

I’d stopped taking my meds a few months ago but I just started them again tonight.

It’s a bit scary that it can sneak up so quickly. I thought I was doing better but it just goes to show that everything can be going good and you don’t see it coming. Hopefully the meds will kick in soon. Dunno if I can deal with work tomorrow, I’ll see how I feel.

Edited by Monkee

7 hours ago, Monkee said:

I’ve had a rough couple of days and just need to get it off my chest. I don’t know where this slump has come from but it’s knocked me for six - slept for 19 hours last night/today and still wanted to go back to sleep when I woke up.

I’ve had a great few months - nothing to bring me down, I’ve been seeing a great guy who’s the first person to give me butterflies whenever I hear from him, my job is going ok, family are good, etc.

But on Monday I had a mild panic attack, anything is making me want to cry. My anxiety has gone through the roof - worrying about getting a new manager, worrying I’m going to fuck up this relationship, worrying that no-one wants to be my friend. I don’t know what’s brought it on.

I’d stopped taking my meds a few months ago but I just started them again tonight.

It’s a bit scary that it can sneak up so quickly. I thought I was doing better but it just goes to show that everything can be going good and you don’t see it coming. Hopefully the meds will kick in soon. Dunno if I can deal with work tomorrow, I’ll see how I feel.

You've mentioned that you've come off medication and also met someone you are wildly into.

These are significant things and bound to play hell with your chemistry.

Hang in there @Monkee I hope it gets better.

It happens to all of us out of nowhere. The other day I was having a great day, then when I was cooking, I dropped all of my pasta on the floor and sat and cried for about an hour as the anxiety of going out to the shops got the better of me.

Then I felt bad as I actually have food, and some people don’t, and I was crying about it, so then my guilt made my anxiety worse and it turned into a big fat cycle for about 12 hours. It just happens sometimes. Keep fighting the good fight 

3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I dropped all of my pasta on the floor and sat and cried for about an hour as the anxiety of going out to the shops got the better of me.

Then I felt bad as I actually have food, and some people don’t, and I was crying about it, so then my guilt made my anxiety worse and it turned into a big fat cycle for about 12 hours.

That’s what I’ve been like. I watched a friend’s wedding video and that started me off crying. Then I cried over everything and nothing. The last time it happened because I couldn’t get my hair to go the way I wanted it to. At that point I literally had to tell myself to pull it together.

I feel a bit better today although I didn’t go to work. I can’t face being around people just yet.

Deleted... posted in error 

Edited by Monkee

@Ralphy I’m a lot better, thanks. I’m back on my meds and trying to keep busy. Had a minor blip last week but all back on track again. Thank you for checking up on me.

Just wanted to say that this thread is a beautiful place. People feel comfortable to share whatever they need to share and the responses are so heartfelt and honest. 

I wish you all the best with whatever you are facing and hope you continue to use this as a place to speak openly. 

8 hours ago, Ralphy said:

how r u now @Monkee?

anyone ever taken Mirtazapine? been prescribed it, but cautious to take it 

It gave me insomnia so I had to stop, but that was the only downside.

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

It gave me insomnia so I had to stop, but that was the only downside.

Ah, it may not be for me then, given its 2.07am as of time of posting and i cant sleep much...!