Ralphy

The Mental Health thread

I'm pleased you've made the moves to get help, Ralphy. The advice above is spot on. You'll be amazed what talking to someone about your problems will feel like after you've done it, even if it's a stranger on the phone.

i hope so, i was feeling ok today until about 1 hour ago, had just finished my sensible dinner of only 2 eggs and fish on toast, then my dad has now said basically he doesnt want me round the house anymore and its time i move out, i cant cope by myself and ive just been sacked last week, gee, thanks. To be honest, i have just comfort eaten a 100g bowl of corn flakes, 3 flapjacks and 5 digestive biscuits, i despise myself and now im worried as fuck again 

Thanks for the help so far peeps! anyone got any experiences with comfort/binge eating and how to stop? Once i start eating i cannot stop, its only a fairly recent thing. I am an absolute pig and i know that sugar, caffeine are my worst enemty yet i crave, and eat/drink too much of them at the moment, i know they make me worse but yet i still want them, argh

Just had 3 pieces of toast, 4 eggs, salad, 3 flapjacks and digestive biscuits, i dont eat to bring it back up or anything, thats not my intention, just comfort i think and chasing the quick high 

I have a CPN Appt tommorow 

Have you tried drinking more water matey, especially with it being warmer the last few days?  3 litres a day is the minimum you should have I think, so if you haven't been drinking much, having a ton of water in your system will make you feel more full.

Yea i do drink a fair bit of water, id estimate about 4 pints a day, so around 2 litres, i think

I must say i had a bad morning this morning, i went out for a walk despite being in a lot of pain, and about 1 hour in it became worse and too much and i had to limp home via asda. I Then got home and had my worst binge to date and i feel very sick right now, i had 2 eggs, 3 pieces of toast, a tin of sardines, an orange, 2 bowls of frosties and a bowl of oatbix bites, 2 flapjacks and a handful of jelly babies with 2 cups of coffee. The sugar slump is killing me now, along with my other symptoms this ones killing me

I am off to the drs later, ive no idea what to say, i just cant explain my thoughts or actions

48 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

am off to the drs later, ive no idea what to say, i just cant explain my thoughts or actions

You just wrote it all out in this thread. 

Any doctor hearing all that should raise an eyebrow. Especially if you're still a skinny type? 

It didnt go too well, found it hard to properly explain myself, been given numbers and some paperwork but thats it, nothing i haven't received before sadly. I had yet another binge this morning and i just cant control myself, until i start eating im fine but as soon as i do start, bam, i just cant control myself, this morning i had fruit, 3 pieces of toast, 4 eggs, 4 bowls of cereal, 2 protein shakes and 2 flapjacks and a few biscuits

As i type this i am craving something sugary so bad but resisting temptation, just about 

Edited by Ralphy

Thanks all, im having a bad one today, same issues as per normal, in regards phone numbers, aside from the Samaritans, anyone had any success with others? 

Just catching up on this thread - all the best Ralphy, hope you find some help and it is beneficial.

I am prescribed 100mg of Sertraline, have been for months now. it's steady going. don't feel as bad as I did before taking the leap to go to the GP with my feelings but I don't really feel like I'm getting much better either.

I was drinking every night for a while, but I have cut that down a fair bit more recently. 3 or 4 days now, generally the weekend. that said, I have only sort of replaced it with Cannabis, so whether that's progress I'm not entirely sure.

thanks again peeps, i phoned the eating disorders number, and the samartians, and ive ordered a few self help books in regards binge eating. I was doing well today until about 7am this morning when my dad, as usual, was being a complete knobhead and set me off and i ate on 2 big bowls of cereal, a bowl of porridge with 4 spoons of coffee in it and a protein shake. Then for dinner i had 3 toast 4 eggs, 3 bowls of cereal, 3 flapjacks, 5 biscuits and 3 oatcakes, then about an hour later i had more oatcakes, half a bag of roast peanuts and half a bag of tortilla chips, i just cant help myself, i feel ashamed and awful 

i am often wide awake at around 2.30 - 3am and often get up and go for walks and/or do weight training, now i know this can increase hunger, and lack of sleep can also incite hunger, but im sure not to this level! 

Edited by Ralphy