UKFF Awards 2017: THE WINNERS!

HarmonicGenerator

On 1/16/2018 at 8:40 PM, Frankie Crisp said:

Pat not getting the white noise gong isĀ the biggest swerve of all time. Iā€™mĀ cancelling myĀ subscription.

Cheers love, I'm glad you set against all of your prejudices to vote based on the past or rather your pre-conceptions of the past.

Ironically, I very rarely post here now or indeed do anything much else online aside from read or educate where I can, one of the haphazards of who I am now. I think I posted something like 50 ish times over the last 18 months ( for those who give a toss). Up votes, down votes, people going OH MY GOD! How boring! These things used to be really important as I struggled with my identity and sort out validation from those, no matter how right or wrong for direction in life.

Thing is life moves on, as do people, unfortunately the outlook of some of the board is the same as those who frequent retro forumsĀ  of a sort and get stuck in the same rut, pandering to the popular and those who make them laugh, chortle and guffaw. The rest are flotsam and jetsam to be ridiculed and abused based on preconceptions long since past. irrespective of what is and isnt posted. They have a vision and that vision they will deploy, even if it is utter crap and they have never taken the time to assess why people post as and why they do, because ofĀ  the reasons.

This board has seen me in various guises in life from, a depressed cripple of a man, who couldn't walk, and lost his best friend to cancer at the age of 35 through to being a woman, who is steadily growing in what she can do in terms of being the person she always should have been. To that end I've moved from being a Call Centre Monkey to getting out thereĀ helping the Homeless, the suicidal and everyone else in between, because it makes more sense than spouting a load of rhetoric on a forum . I've been here a long, long timeĀ and there are plenty who have helped through two whoopsies and I would like to thank them for that. However life isnt sitting and wondering who and why on a forum dislikes or finds me boring or white noise as it were.Ā 

It's about getting out there and doing, making change, helping those who cant help themselves into housing, stopping them from overdosing or generally falling off the face of the planet. When you realise that a ring not turning up, or someone saying something nasty on the net isnt actually the be all and end all of things, it makes things so much easier.Ā 

This place can be utterly brilliant at times, and those I've met at shows or spoken to elsewhere are all awesome, even those who we didnt see eye-to-eye at times,Ā 

I guess therefore I'd like to say thanks, thanks that I've been noticeable enough to be nominated for a shit arse award and nearly win it, despite not being here at realistically.

Have fun, achieve your dreams and goals, nothing is impossible if you want it enough

Ā 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, patiirc said:

Cheers love, I'm glad you set against all of your prejudices to vote based on the past or rather your pre-conceptions of the past.

Ironically, I very rarely post here now or indeed do anything much else online aside from read or educate where I can, one of the haphazards of who I am now. I think I posted something like 50 ish times over the last 18 months ( for those who give a toss). Up votes, down votes, people going OH MY GOD! How boring! These things used to be really important as I struggled with my identity and sort out validation from those, no matter how right or wrong for direction in life.

Thing is life moves on, as do people, unfortunately the outlook of some of the board is the same as those who frequent retro forumsĀ  of a sort and get stuck in the same rut, pandering to the popular and those who make them laugh, chortle and guffaw. The rest are flotsam and jetsam to be ridiculed and abused based on preconceptions long since past. irrespective of what is and isnt posted. They have a vision and that vision they will deploy, even if it is utter crap and they have never taken the time to assess why people post as and why they do, because ofĀ  the reasons.

This board has seen me in various guises in life from, a depressed cripple of a man, who couldn't walk, and lost his best friend to cancer at the age of 35 through to being a woman, who is steadily growing in what she can do in terms of being the person she always should have been. To that end I've moved from being a Call Centre Monkey to getting out thereĀ helping the Homeless, the suicidal and everyone else in between, because it makes more sense than spouting a load of rhetoric on a forum . I've been here a long, long timeĀ and there are plenty who have helped through two whoopsies and I would like to thank them for that. However life isnt sitting and wondering who and why on a forum dislikes or finds me boring or white noise as it were.Ā 

It's about getting out there and doing, making change, helping those who cant help themselves into housing, stopping them from overdosing or generally falling off the face of the planet. When you realise that a ring not turning up, or someone saying something nasty on the net isnt actually the be all and end all of things, it makes things so much easier.Ā 

This place can be utterly brilliant at times, and those I've met at shows or spoken to elsewhere are all awesome, even those who we didnt see eye-to-eye at times,Ā 

I guess therefore I'd like to say thanks, thanks that I've been noticeable enough to be nominated for a shit arse award and nearly win it, despite not being here at realistically.

Have fun, achieve your dreams and goals, nothing is impossible if you want it enough

Ā 

Extreme-Irony.gif

• Paid Members

Guys, honestly, you lot are fucking maniacs.Ā  I honestly can't believe so many of you took a moment to cast a vote, and then, when presented with a list of names of that calibre, choose mine.Ā  Mental, the lot of you.

I haven't posted anywhere near as much as i'd like to this year, more often than not it's because my thoughts and views have already been aired by others, far more eloquently than I could ever hope to, and to be honest when I have, it's been little more than "I need to know the answer to something, help me out you lot" and so i'm truly baffled and grateful in equal measure.

Fanks gang, and to those of you who support me with the graphic design stuff 'off board' thank you too.Ā  Honestly, means enough that you'd go to bat for me within the confines of the bubble that is the UKFF, the fact I even resonate in your thinking when you aren't on here means more than I can put into words.

Ā 

Ā 

• Moderators
On 17/01/2018 at 10:34 PM, patiirc said:

Ā 

Ā 

Doubt anyone is arsed. Top self-awareness though.

Edited by PowerButchi