UFC 221: Rockhold vs Romero

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Yeah, Mark Hunt losing never fails to put me in a foul mood. 

I'm mega invested in Super Yoel vs Smarmy Luke. One, for all the reasons we've gone into about why it's such a great and intriguing fight. But mostly, the fact that Yoel Romero is one of my favourite fighters on the roster and Rockhold is one of the fighters I can't stand most of the entire roster. I'm not sure I've been this invested in the result of a fight since Lesnar vs Mir 2 or Big Nog vs Mir 2. 

Still thinking Rockhold wins but I'll be praying to Gay Jesus that Yoel gets it done. Fully expecting Ray The Translator to smuggle a weapon through the fence to Yoel at some point. Or throw salt in Rockhold's eyes, Mr Fuji style. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

does anyone think Romero's relatively short camp factors in at all? It's been said everywhere pre-fight that Romero's past cardio issues were always a bit of a myth and that he's really just good at preserving what energy he has, that may not apply here. Does anyone think that the short camp will lead to Romero fighting uncharacteristically and just going balls out for a round to try and get the job done? A balls to the fall, fresh out of the gate Yoel would be a scary thing.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I was going to say 208 is probably the worst of recent memory, but looking at that card I forgot how many names they stuck below the terrible main event, even if very few of those fights interested me (which is why it's a better contender for that title).

Still, I think if you've got your Jeff Wagenhat on, you can appreciate that this is a card stacked with tons of interesting fights, if not big names. To say the main event is a free fight is just stupid, though. Even discounting the standard of a main event these days, you've got a former champion v a man that just lost to the new proper champion in a fairly close battle; two of the best MW ever are about to have a scrap.

• Paid Members

Wouldn't Rockhold get more money anyway because Yoel missed weight? Don't you get a percentage of the opponent's purse if they don't make weight? 

If Rockhold chooses not to fight this show is fucked. I mean, there's still plenty of fights I like on there but this was the only one justifying it as a PPV. 

Archived