2018 Coil-Shuffling Thread

Gus Mears

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
On 10/7/2018 at 6:33 AM, bAzTNM#1 said:

Sad news. Album with her and Freddie is very strange (it was considered VERY strange in 1987) but the one song that worked was "Barcelona", but what vocal cords on her. Released in 1987, never did much (most of Freddies single stuff and duet stuff did this before he died. Anything without Queen would usually tank before he died), then reached the top for the Barcelona Olympics in 1992 and Freddie dying.

She also recorded a version of Bohemian Rhapsody with Bruce Dickinson, and I've never managed to figure out if it's great or shit. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Gutted, quite underrated IMO. Had an understated charisma about him. 

I really liked him. He never seemed to get drawn into hyperbole and just did  the commentary. Did my head in when I got Pro Evo 5 and instead of him is was Jon Champion. It was awful.

Although he wasn't as good as Barry Davies and Trevor Brooking on Actua Soccer 2.

On 10/14/2018 at 10:25 PM, jazzygeofferz said:

I really liked him. He never seemed to get drawn into hyperbole and just did  the commentary. Did my head in when I got Pro Evo 5 and instead of him is was Jon Champion. It was awful.

Although he wasn't as good as Barry Davies and Trevor Brooking on Actua Soccer 2.

Bracko wasn't binned off until PES 2008, i.e. when it went shit. RIP :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Sad news. Raymond Chow was responsible for some of the most iconic careers and films in martial arts cinema, Co-founding Golden Harvest. Basically, no Raymond Chow means no Bruce Lee or Jackie Chan. At least as we knew them. 91 is a great innings though. R.I.P

https://variety.com/2018/film/asia/raymond-chow-dead-dies-hong-kong-film-1203018267/

• Paid Members

I don't think Raymond was a martial artist himself, at least I've never seen it mentioned before. He was as big a name as they come in the HK film industry though. His age is hard to pinpoint as he's looked pretty much the same since the 60s, with only marginally more hair back then.

It's sad how few of the pivotal people from the golden years of HK cinema are left. Leonard Ho, Fong Hak On, Lam Chin Ying, Lau Kat Leung, all gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn.  Even though you knew it was coming, with all the issues he's had in the last 12 month, that's still a shocker.  When someone goes on that long, and remains so active and visible into their 90s, you kinda think they'll last for ever.

What was his last cameo then?  His little roles in Marvel movies were always highlights for me.

strangely the last one released in his lifetime was actually a DC movie, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies back in July, although he also had a cameo in the PS4 Spider-man game after that. Apparently he had shot a few for Marvel recently in a batch so there may still be a couple more to come.

Archived