2018 Coil-Shuffling Thread

Gus Mears

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Margot Kidder has passed away. She was 69. She will always be Lois Lane to me. Brilliant in Black Christmas and Sisters as well mind you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator
32 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Anthony Bourdain in an apparent suicide. Fucking hell, a titan in the culinary world. He has fans on here. Utterly shocked by this. 

Yes, absolutely stunned by this news. His book Kitchen Confidential is essential reading for a would-be chef. His influence isn't strong over here; but in the US he's a household name with forthright (and bang-on) opinions on food and all-round cheffery. A great loss.

• Paid Members

Yeah, very shocking. I first became aware of him due to the JRE podcast and, as Guy points out, looked like he was living his perfect life, which makes this even more crushing/puzzling. The run of high-profile suicide deaths right now is incredibly sad; people you expect and assume are doing great.

• Moderators

I was hugely shocked by this, finding out via Matty Matheson's instagram account. Incredibly sad as he also leaves a daughter behind.

Speaking of JRE, I imagine Rogan will be hit hard by this as they seemed pretty tight. However, I really hope this gives Rogan a wake-up call regarding depression where he normally has the glib response of "just get outside and workout or something" isn't helpful.

• Paid Members

Absolute shocker this one, stunned me when I read it.  Big fan of the books and the shows.  Seemed like the kind of bloke you could have a bloody good chat with on many levels.  Sad, sad news.

Archived