2018 Coil-Shuffling Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Scott Malbranque said:

Was never a fan - although his remix of 'Took a Pill in Ibiza' is wonderful -  but can appreciate that Avicii was to a whole generation of dance fans as Sasha or Digweed was to me. 

Or SASH! was to @Carbomb

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The guiltiest, bogeyest pleasure vinyl I have is Stay by Sash! I Iove the track.

I used to lie when anyone would flick through my records, see that in there and give me that elitist look of disgust and confusion, like they're just about to sneeze,  and I'd ashamedly spoof every time "Ah sure, herself thought she was doing me favour and buying Sasha for my birthday and I didn't have the heart to tell her it was actually that Sash! dope, guffaw chortle etc etc" 

Not anymore though.  Now it proudly sits there, awaiting both prosecution and defence. 

Probably of no interest to anyone on here, but Barrie Williams, who managed Sutton Utd when Coventry City famously let them beat them in the FA Cup has died.  Pipe smoking, literary quoting motherfucker.

Avicii's death confirmed as suicide and method confirmed, too.

I put my fist through a framed picture of Jesus (Irish, Catholic) in my parents house because I couldn't get a contact lens in.

Within a second my hand was covered in blood and it was squirting out of my finger like something out of a horror movie.

It's an oddly painless feeling, terrifying purely due to my own aversion to the sight of my own blood.

Hearing this reminded me of the death of Charles Rocket (SNL, Dumb and Dumber), though not as graphic.

Poor guy must have been really suffering. Just goes to show all the money in the world can't solve every dilemma.

RIP Avicii.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I thought he was Jewish?

Keith, just had a coughing fit where I could not breathe for about 20 seconds thanks to that.  Not a patch on punching a picture, but bad enough.

Archived