2018 Coil-Shuffling Thread

Gus Mears

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
On 30/03/2018 at 1:31 PM, Thunderplex said:

Bill Maynard had died aged 89.  Mostly known by you young’uns as a tramp in Heartbeat, but I remember him as Selwyn Froggart, a loveable dullard from a sitcom in the mid 70’s.  Magic!

My mum adored Heartbeat, my dad less so.

The soundtrack to the Sunday evenings of my youth was “Oh, and now Selwyn fuckin’ Froggart’s turned up. Wonder what that cunt is up to this week...” from my father.

A young Houchen correctly answered Wilkins at a pub quiz when asked who was the first England player to be sent off in a World Cup finals.  For that he will have a place in my heart.  I also like to think the Wayans brothers were big fans and he was on their mind during Scary Movie.

My brother reminded me that once in a tournament, the DBK lost so chalked the next game.  Brissy was on and I asked him "What's your initials, mate?" and without any airs or graces he just said "EB mate".  He was a persona non grata lately with his comments on abuse but he was a gent on the circuit with time for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

R. Lee Ermey has died. 

Check out @RLeeErmey’s Tweet:

File that under "still alive, really?" Only capable of playing one character but golly gee he was fun to watch. 

Archived