2018 Coil-Shuffling Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

J贸hann J贸hannsson has died. He was just 48. I'll honestly never forget when I went to see Sicario at the cinema, the soundtrack made that experience what it was, and the same goes for Arrival. What a huge loss.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

J贸hann J贸hannsson has died. He was just 48. I'll honestly never forget when I went to see Sicario at the cinema, the soundtrack made that experience what it was, and the same goes for Arrival. What a huge loss.

Bloody hell, that鈥檚 a shock. What happened to him?

2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Saw Mr Seven had tweeted this, couldn't believe it. 聽As you say, his music was so much a part of those films it's hard to imagine the films without them.

• Paid Members
58 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Bloody hell, that鈥檚 a shock. What happened to him?

No cause of death yet, just he was found dead in his apartment. A huge shock. That Sicario soundtrack is already hugely influential in the couple of years since its release.

22 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Probably more for the football thread but it's been announced tonight that former Ireland, Celtic, United and Leeds midfielder Liam Miller has sadly passed away from cancer aged just 36

Apparently he was only diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last October and died in February, very sad, what an awful cunt of a disease. Remember seeing him聽 score a cracking long range goal for Ireland against Sweden in 2005 or 2006 at the old Lansdowne Road, the beginning of Steve Staunton's ill fated reign as Ireland manager.

55 minutes ago, DCW said:

Apparently he was only diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last October and died in February, very sad, what an awful cunt of a disease. Remember seeing him聽 score a cracking long range goal for Ireland against Sweden in 2005 or 2006 at the old Lansdowne Road, the beginning of Steve Staunton's ill fated reign as Ireland manager.

Pretty much how it happened to my dad, he got diagnosed with the same cancer in October/November 2015 after a couple of months of deep rooted back trouble and passed from an infection picked up during his chemo the following March

• Paid Members

Shocking, indeed. While I'm a massive fan of Johann Johannsson's Denis Villeneuve collaborations, his solo albums are of a very high quality, for the most part. It's where I first became aware of who he was. Albums like 'And in the Endless Pause There Came the Sound of Bees' and 'Englaborn' are worth your time, if you're into that sort of thing.

• Paid Members
On 10/02/2018 at 12:35 AM, Nick Soapdish said:

I just read that聽rob delaney鈥檚 two year old son died after a cancer battle. I almost cried reading that. Must be devastating to go through that

I work for one of the charities that was supporting them and I鈥檝e been manic since he posted his statement with social media, emails and donations. It鈥檚 awful but the donations that have been coming through in Henry鈥檚 name is unbelievable. I can鈥檛 name names obviously but a couple聽that have come in have given me the sweats!

If anyone would like to donate please visit聽https://www.noahsarkhospice.org.uk/in-henrys-name/

Eddy Amoo from soul/disco group The Real Thing died yesterday as well aged 73, that was a big shock as their two biggest songs 'You To Me Are Everything' and 'Can't Get By Without You' were on my playlists constantly growing up and still are today, even sang the former on stage with a female co-worker for a Christmas show when we worked for Mecca Bingo years back

Unfortunately, we've lost another forumite. thegamehhh Or Bill Thompson聽as you may know him has passed away. Absolutely lovely gent, bought some stuff off him over time had the odd chat over fb. Wasn't sure where to post this.聽 Rest in Peace聽

Archived