Sign in to follow this  
Gus Mears

2018 Coil-Shuffling Thread

2 hours ago, The Maestro said:

George Bush version 1.0 has passed away aged 94

First points on the board for me for my works deadpool...

On 12/1/2018 at 6:48 AM, The Maestro said:

George Bush version 1.0 has passed away aged 94

they've shut down the stock market today because of it as well, FFS. 

Edited by David

The stock market? Small beer. They've shut down the postal service.

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds. Only dead neo-cons"

Pete Shelley has died of a suspected heart attack.  Fucking hell :(

RIP. Did the "Tour De France" theme Channel 4 used for years too. Sometimes they go retro on the ITV4 version and play it for a bit.

Not a household name but Peter Boizot passed away. He founded Pizza Express so it's a good chance you've eaten in one of his restaurants (well, they're a Chinese company now but you know... he's credited with bringing pizza to the mainstream UK appetite. He was 89!

I believe he was also involved with Peterborough United, a 'foot-ball' team.

Genuinely gutted about Pete Shelley. "Ever Fallen In Love" is one of the all-time great tracks, and "Homosapien" was a staple part of my DJ set for the last year or so I was still at it.

I saw the Buzzcocks at ATP back in around 08/09, wasn't expecting much, and they absolutely killed it. One of my favourite gigs I've ever been to.

My favourite story about Peter Boizot is from how he used to live in Jersey. A friend of mine, who passed away earlier this year (in his mid-60s), was also from Jersey, but knew Boizot from drinking in Soho. IIRC, the first Pizza Express was in Soho, the second was in Jersey. At some point, he was over visiting the Jersey branch, and the taxi driver mentioned that he was sad that they'd stopped doing dough balls, and when Boziot got to the restaurant, he insisted that they start serving them again, so for years you could get them in this one branch of Pizza Express but none of the others.