2018 Coil-Shuffling Thread

Gus Mears

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The papers are all dubbing her a "huge talent". She was great on Russ Abbot's Laughter Show/Madhouse. 

• Paid Members

Weirdly, only the day before I had the urge to look up some episodes of Russ Abbott on YouTube (after Alexa decided to treat us to Atmosphere).

I think everyone loved Bella Emberg. She was like that nutty old aunt who's so welcoming but also slightly intimidating because she's off her rocker.

She may have described herself as having worked for Russ Abbott, but they were practically a double act.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

I think the main difference is that I grew to despise Russ Abbot, whereas Bella always had a nice place in my memories.

We know what your memories are like so don't elaborate on that.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

We know what your memories are like so don't elaborate on that.

What can I say, they were my formative years.

11 hours ago, Armitage Shanks said:

Out of curiosity, why did you despise Russ Abbot? 

He just got shittier and more irritating.

• Paid Members

He ended up as part of the "trio" at the arse end of Last Of The Summer Wine. It was him, Brian Murphy & Burt Kwouk. A decent enough selection on paper, but they had some bizarre characters. Abbot played Luthor "Hobbo" Hobdyke who claimed to have been a secret agent previously, and that June Whitfield's character was his mother. It had descended into even more farcical farce than it was at its peak by that point.

Archived