2018 Coil-Shuffling Thread

Gus Mears

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Sickner.

My mates Dad and I pretty much always talk about big Burt or Bryan Ferry whenever we spend a bit of time together. My mates Dad worships Burt and was genuinely crushed when he saw how bad he's looked in recent years, considering he was of the opinion Burt was peak man back in the 70s.

My favourite Burt Reynolds story is from the filming of Deliverance.

They were filming the scene where Burt's character goes over the waterfall. They try a bunch of takes with a dummy going over the falls and it looks like shit. Burt steps up to the plate and volunteers to go over himself. He does it and apparently screws himself up quite badly. He then goes to the director (Jon Boorman?), and asks how the take looked only to be told, ’Like a Dummy going over a waterfall!’

When we think of Burt we generally think of him in terms of being one of the quintessential movie stars of the 70’s but that's a wonderful example of commitment to his craft.

• Paid Members

I’ll be watching ASAP to verify (it’s downloading as we speak) but last time I watched it, the version of Smokey & the Bandit on Sky Movies was one not chopped to pieces/dubbed for a PG rating, like most DVD prints of it are. I feel this is an important PSA right now.

Burt. Gutted.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, The Maestro said:

Just reading about this now. Social media can really bring the worst out in people. However I did read that they split up in May and she was engaged a month later. That's a pretty quick turnaround by anyone's standards.

And this is part of the problem right here.

Archived