2018 Coil-Shuffling Thread

Gus Mears

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cobra_gordo said:

He was also the only redeeming thing about the 2003 remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

I've seen a lot worse. The scenes with the morbidly obese lady stick with me. As you say, Ermey was riveting. And the cinematography was really good.

It was better than the most recent one that came out.

There's an episode of Tales from the Crypt with Ermey in it called "Staired in Horror".

It's one of my favourite episodes if you want to waste twenty minutes.

• Paid Members

Dale Winton has popped his clogs.  He was in a thing about Florida a few weeks ago on channel 5 that seemed to disappear after the first episode, and he looked terrible in it.  Shame, seemed like a nice chap.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

I'm genuinely gutted about this. Supermarket Sweep was about one of three positive memories from my childhood. Loved Dale Winton, my favourite 90's TV presenter by a mile. 

Yeah, I remember missing school and watching Supermarket Sweep after GM;TV finished. Seemed a legit genuine nice guy too. RIP.

• Paid Members

My fondest memory of Dale Winton is him shitting a brick during the trick he took part in during the An Audience with Freddie Starr. With hindsight, there was a lot of cheap "bums to the wall" "he's one of them, eh? Eh?" jokes, but he managed to get a couple of good lines in himself.

Of course, Supermarket Sweep was just good fun whenever you managed to catch it.

He seemed like a laugh.

Artist, DJ and producer Tim Bergling, a.k.a. Avicii, died this afternoon in Oman, according to a statement from his rep. He was 28.

“It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii,” the statement reads. “He was found dead in Muscat, Oman this Friday afternoon local time, April 20th.  The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time. No further statements will be given.”

He had retired from live performing in 2016, citing health reasons. He had suffered from health problems for several years, including acute pancreatitis, in part due to excessive drinking. He had his gallbladder and appendix removed in 2014.

Blimey, no age.  Did like the one he did with Dan Tyminski, thought it was something new in a pretty stale genre.

Archived