2018 Coil-Shuffling Thread

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Nicked from Facebook, but;

"We lost a staggering intellect today, a man who shaped the way we look at the universe. I'll never forget the first time I looked up at the night sky, and thought to myself....'let's see what you could have won!'"

Am out of upvotes for today, so will just give a :laugh: in the mean-time. That's great.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Bill Maynard had died aged 89.  Mostly known by you young’uns as a tramp in Heartbeat, but I remember him as Selwyn Froggart, a loveable dullard from a sitcom in the mid 70’s.  Magic!

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

Bill Maynard had died aged 89.  Mostly known by you young’uns as a tramp in Heartbeat, but I remember him as Selwyn Froggart, a loveable dullard from a sitcom in the mid 70’s.  Magic!

That's one for the 'I thought they died ages ago' thread. Honestly believed that he had gone ages ago.

37 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

TV cop show sensei Steven Bochco has died too. 

Was it him or David Milch who said David Caruso contributed to their heart attack because of his diva-like behaviour while working on NYPD Blue I wonder.

The prick once threw a trashcan lid that narrowly missed Dennis Franz's head while having one of his many strops.

After being granted his wish and getting released from his contract so he could "take the movie world by storm" his first two movies crashed and burned and he wasn't heard from again until CSI Miami.

1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I love Hill Street Blues and LA Law. LA Law was fantastic despite the presence of acting black hole Corbin Bernsen. The rest of the cast was very good especially John Spencer who is undoubtedly one of my favourite actors. 

Cop Land is the only thing I've seen John Spencer in and he was good in that despite limited screen time, got a cracking line in.

I won't have this about Corbin Bernsen, though.

He was awesome as Roger Dorn in Major League.

Archived