5 star wrestling

matty_kissarmy

1 hour ago, garynysmon said:

If they have a bad reputation, then fair enough. But in your original post you just referred to the use of imports which although carrying an element of risk, is a tried and tested method of successful promotion throughout the western world.

Tried and tested, but doesn't work anymore it seems judging by the amount of tickets they've sold...........

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm surprised they haven't been Cease & Desisted for their promoting him as John Morrison. I didn't think he was allowed to go by that name nowadays. If he is, then it showed how much WWE valued the intellectual property.

Aren't some of the trademarks only for a set period of time? Hence them having to reapply for XFL recently? Its problematic for wrestlers initially having to come up with a new ring name, but surely Johnny Morrison must have been left for 5 years plus? So I'm guessing there it too bothered now. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Johnny 5 Star has a ring to it, his gimmick would be dedicating all his matches to Dave Meltzer.

He could have gone family friendly and been Johnny Milkshake for the kids. Johnny Viacom?

• Paid Members

RVD, Mysterio, Morrison, Chavo or Lashley I would imagine. I can't think of anyone of note other than those guys who would be likely to attach themselves to this shit show. 

Have they at least stopped pretending they have CM Punk coming in?

• Paid Members

Genuinely astonished that anyone is agreeing to work these shows. Can only assume they're hooking imports who don't know the reputation, as I can't see any of the UK talent that were burned first time around being prepared to take the risk this time, dodgy TV deal or not.

Archived