Flash Morgan Webster

Dave Mastiff

Big Grizzly

Joey Axl

Tor Atterhagen

Deviation

BT Gunn

Plus, make of this what you will:

https://5starwrestling.co.uk/news/15/5_star_boss_says_three-year_tv_deal_is_"the_opportunity_of_a_lifetime"

One wrestler on that list won't be in Sheffield on February 15th is BT Gunn as he is in Liverpool that evening

• Paid Members

I've been getting the very professional and impressive PRs from Greg Lambert and, while I've still got massive reservations about this thing, if they lean on the expertise of the likes of Lambert and Gibson they could pull *something* off. 3 hours, though, man...

• Paid Members

It's absolutely astonishing, isn't it? Not only that they'd be enough of a shitarse to have to put a message like that out on social media right before they start taping, but that they'd have been enough of a shitarse to unquestioningly accept a TV deal that another promotion had already turned down as unfeasible, without knowing whether or not they'd be able to logistically manage it. Utter shambles.

It's not just that they're putting something like that out there so close to the show, it's that they need to put it out there publicly at all. Because not only does that tell me that they're utterly out of their depth and unprepared, it tells me that they don't have the right contacts to provide them with all that in the first place - and for a promotion with their ambition, and their planned schedule, that's worrying.

Either that or they're just after people they can scam into doing it as a freebie.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, DVDBellator said:

Well I had offered to do the photography for them but they wanted Liverpool done for free and for me to pay my own accomodation and travel. 

On what basis did they think you'd agree to that? 'Think of the experience pal'

Absolute shitarses.

• Paid Members

Not surprised. They know (or hope) that there's plenty of idiots that'll jump at the chance to say, "I filmed a TV show" or "I worked on a wrestling show".

Problem is, it means anyone who values their work or their time in the slightest, or anyone with any experience in the role, is going to tell them to do one - which means shitarse promoters get a shitarse crew, unsurprisingly.

(That's not to say that working for a promotion for free always equals shitarsery, I know plenty of people who'll help out for nowt, and have done it myself. Difference is, that happens because you've built up a relationship or loyalty with that crew, or that promotion, so you don't mind doing them a favour. If anyone feels any sense of loyalty to Five Star Wrestling, send them my way, and I'll forward them my catalogue of reasonably priced bridges)

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

On what basis did they think you'd agree to that? 'Think of the experience pal'

Absolute shitarses.

Tried to lure me in with “youll get the experience & you’ll get to mingle with the talent”

i attended HBK in Glasgow & took my camera and got a few good ones. I gave Kenny the photos to use for free since he’s a canny bloke. But this 5* are just so unprofessional it’s unreal, almost borderline begging. Where are they getting the money to pay the talent. Feel sorry for those attending. 

• Paid Members

Alarm bells ringing left right and centre with this eh?  Some of their output is Trump-esque in it's nature, I mean look at this for example... 

Signs like this are going up all over the UK?  So fucking what?  In fact, they've tweeted several times along the lines of LOOK AT OUR MASSIVE AMAZING SIGNS!!!  

Archived