5 star wrestling

matty_kissarmy

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still not sure why they were so insistent on running the arenas. I would wager that the cost of these is what really sunk the promotion - other promotions have run import-heavy and even though they probably never made mega-bucks, they must have least have covered their costs in the long run.

Their fans kept insisting that the TV firms insisted on arenas for the television, but other promotions manage to make very good looking output in much smaller locations. I know that some of the hand-held indy work is not to everyone's taste, I find Progress a bit hard to follow at times, but WCPW always had good fixed camera angles that would look fine on TV and they worked much smaller venues.

On 19/3/2018 at 6:47 PM, Your Fight Site said:

And the next time ratings dip? “Oh, let’s just start over.”

You don’t really build up a fan base if you start giving them something to get invested in, only to pull it out from under them a couple of weeks down the line because things aren’t going your way. 

Hate to say I told you so 😎

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

So how many shows was that? 4?

Tried running before they could crawl and should never have been anywhere near running arenas the size they were. Unless you're WWE, your just not going to draw that sort of crowd. I know Progress are running Wembly Arena (I've got tickets myself), but even they arn't not setting up to fill every seat that it holds and they've got an established loyal fanbase

4 including the two hour show in Belfast before Aberdeen was cancelled

26 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

It's pretty clear that no one knows what you meant, not even you. 

All I'm saying is it's a shame they could have been something good and they had some good talent on the shows Eddie Ryan was enjoyable to watch as was Jody and rampage..etc

1 hour ago, kidzero said:

So where does this leave Freesports? Will they sign another deal with someone else or will they be done with wrestling?

Just to correct your post

To answer your question, they will likely negotiate with other UK companies bar ICW and Progress, most likely either IPW:UK or PCW (who they should have gave the deal to in the first place imo)

Archived