5 star wrestling

matty_kissarmy

• Paid Members

Have I ever said I wish him no luck or success? I just don't want him involved in wrestling, or at the very least not in promotions I like. Thankfully, the promotions I follow don't book him. I won't go to a show he's on, and try to avoid supporting promotions who book him as best I can. He's far from the only person I make that choice for.

I don't like my money going to people I find reprehensible. If that makes me an "SJW", so be it, but I prefer to invest my time and money in people I actually like. 

Really, though, I just don't understand why he becomes the centrepiece of the argument so often. I mean, who the fuck is Bram, in the grand scheme of things? Has his name on a poster ever sold a single extra ticket? There are plenty of people who actively won't go to a show featuring Bram, I've never met anyone who would consider him a draw enough to convince them to attend. He's a negative draw. If I were a promoter unscrupulous enough to not give a shit about his past, I still wouldn't book him, because it would be turning more people away than it was drawing in.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You made him the centre piece of this argument by bringing up “bram reasons”

you said you don’t want to see him used, so wishing he isn’t getting booked is saying you don’t wish him to be successful in his job of being a booked wrestler. 

I see him on a lot of shows, kids go daft for him and he doesn’t take money off them for pics/ signatures the way many others do. Dont go falling for Twitter people claiming they avoid shows Bram is on, yet I see them at shows Bram is on, and more often than not shows he is on are sold out at family show level, so he’s not the anti draw you paint him as. Easy to hate the 6ft plus mountain of a man that’s had some success though. For a lotta kids TNA is there only access to televised wrestling and his appearances with them have made him a star to many. I doubt he comes cheap so if he was turning so many away, whys he still so busy? 

3 minutes ago, Louch said:

Dont go falling for Twitter people claiming they avoid shows Bram is on, yet I see them at shows Bram is on,

Oh yeah?  Which ones, as in Twitter handles and relevant tweets.  Such hypocrisy on their part should be called out.

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Oh yeah?  Which ones, as in Twitter handles and relevant tweets.  Such hypocrisy on their part should be called out.

I do when I see it, or call them out at shows for it. If Brit wres Twitter is consistent for anything, it’s it’s hypocracy. 

Anyway back on topic, Bram is a big believable superstar looking guy to have on shows for the the casual audience. Hopefully his arrival sees the half arsed imports used less 

• Paid Members

Oh, so the woman strangler is selling out family shows. That makes it fine, obviously.

I don't know who you're talking about when it comes to "Twitter people". I, personally, don't attend shows that have booked Bram. Never have, likely never will. Again, he is far from the only person I've made that choice for. The same is true of many people I know. Some of these people have Twitter, are they the "Twitter people" you're talking about? 

Easy to hate the 6ft plus mountain of a man that’s had some success though

Are you trying to suggest that the reason people dislike Bram is because they're jealous?

If he had “strangled” his ex, he would be in the jail for murder , so get over your obsession with he strangled her when the reports where he restrained her. 

You seem really really keen to believe his guilt when you weren’t party to the incident or have had any contact with him so will leave you to your negative viewpoints. So yeah I’m party to believe their is a hint of jealousy there as most bitter people seem to carry a lot of jealousy of successful people. 

His appearances at shows was a counter to your view he is an anti draw, when that shows he isn’t. Don’t twist my words into a shitty opener like you made above trying to insinuate I was saying selling out a show justifies any sort of (unproven) domestic abuse. For all your 1000 word posts you have proven you can write better than a Jeremy Kyle line of counter questioning . 

I don’t think the worst of people, and several people I know who know bram only have good things to say about him both publically and privately. So I’ll take their views over judging on one police report that was then dropped. Dropped doesn’t mean innocent, doesn’t mean guilty either . 

So can can we agree to disagree and talk about wrestling ?

34 minutes ago, Louch said:

I do when I see it, or call them out at shows for it. If Brit wres Twitter is consistent for anything, it’s it’s hypocracy.

Yes but WHO though, actual people and not just you saying so.  Just name three of them.

5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yes but WHO though, actual people and not just you saying so.  Just name three of them.

What does naming names/ sharing tweets give you? I can’t therefore prove they where at shows so what are you wanting here Keith? I’m not going hunting months back on twitter to prove a point at midnight on a Friday. 

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Louch said:

If he had “strangled” his ex, he would be in the jail for murder , so get over your obsession with he strangled her when the reports where he restrained her. 

You seem really really keen to believe his guilt when you weren’t party to the incident or have had any contact with him so will leave you to your negative viewpoints. So yeah I’m party to believe their is a hint of jealousy there as most bitter people seem to carry a lot of jealousy of successful people. 

His appearances at shows was a counter to your view he is an anti draw, when that shows he isn’t. Don’t twist my words into a shitty opener like you made above trying to insinuate I was saying selling out a show justifies any sort of (unproven) domestic abuse. For all your 1000 word posts you have proven you can write better than a Jeremy Kyle line of counter questioning . 

I don’t think the worst of people, and several people I know who know bram only have good things to say about him both publically and privately. So I’ll take their views over judging on one police report that was then dropped. Dropped doesn’t mean innocent, doesn’t mean guilty either . 

So can can we agree to disagree and talk about wrestling ?

Maybe strangled isn't the right word, but he pinned her to the bed by her neck, and admitted as much. If you did a straw poll of any group of people, I doubt you'd find very many of them describing that act as "restraining".

To suggest it's jealousy because, what, he's 6' tall, muscular and successful, is absurd, though. As if those characteristics are unique to Bram amongst wrestlers.

And I do think that the fact he's on family shows was worth countering. I don't know if he's genuinely a draw for those shows or not, I suspect not particularly, though I take your point that TNA can be a kid's only real knowledge of wrestling - but as someone who works family shows, I wouldn't want to book, or be booked with, someone with Bram's background when providing children's entertainment. Would you book a magician for a kids' party, knowing that he'd assaulted a police officer and been arrested for pinning his girlfriend down by the neck?

16 minutes ago, Louch said:

What does naming names/ sharing tweets give you? 

It gives me the opportunity not to "go falling for Twitter people claiming they avoid shows Bram is on" if I see their tweets.  If you say who they are, I will know they're full of shit and I can unfollow them if I currently do.

if The magician had been through due criminal process and paid society for his crimes, then I don’t try people for life. You want to see the worst in him and that’s up to you. 

I have told you he’s on shows that sell out. Your opinion is that he has nothing to do with them selling out. So as the promoter you are, why would his high price tag a a tv known wrestler be being paid so regularly if he wasn’t a ticket selling attraction? And you didn’t “counter “ the family shows chat, you inferred me saying he appears on successful shows as “makes it fine” when that wasn’t what I said at all 

13 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Maybe strangled isn't the right word, but he pinned her to the bed by her neck, and admitted as much. If you did a straw poll of any group of people, I doubt you'd find very many of them describing that act as "restraining".

To suggest it's jealousy because, what, he's 6' tall, muscular and successful, is absurd, though. As if those characteristics are unique to Bram amongst wrestlers.

And I do think that the fact he's on family shows was worth countering. I don't know if he's genuinely a draw for those shows or not, I suspect not particularly, though I take your point that TNA can be a kid's only real knowledge of wrestling - but as someone who works family shows, I wouldn't want to book, or be booked with, someone with Bram's background when providing children's entertainment. Would you book a magician for a kids' party, knowing that he'd assaulted a police officer and been arrested for pinning his girlfriend down by the neck?

Did you watch WWE when Mike Tyson was there? How about when Stone Cold was there?

Both of them carried out actions worse than Bram. To refuse to watch a product because they book Bram is mental.

I don' usually post about this kind of thing but not to long ago I refereed on a tour of Scotland with Bram/Tom for a week and rode with him to every town and got to know him pretty well and I didn't know that much about him before meeting him apart from the already mentioned accusations which made me a little intimated by him but as the week went on I got to realise that he is genuinely nice guy with a good head on his shoulders and good heart deep down.

He has/did have issues but when he was clear minded he was awesome and has a great mind and love for wrestling. He is a genuinely nice guy who gets a bad rap justifibly so but I have stated in touch with him since then and he is really in a good place at the minute and I wish him nothing but the best we all make mistakes and could go down the wrong path but strength is in admitting your mistakes and learning from them. 

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, C-Rock said:

I don' usually post about this kind of thing but not to long ago I refereed on a tour of Scotland with Bram/Tom for a week and rode with him to every town and got to know him pretty well and I didn't know that much about him before meeting him apart from the already mentioned accusations which made me a little intimated by him but as the week went on I got to realise that he is genuinely nice guy with a good head on his shoulders and good heart deep down.

He has/did have issues but when he was clear minded he was awesome and has a great mind and love for wrestling. He is a genuinely nice guy who gets a bad rap justifibly so but I have stated in touch with him since then and he is really in a good place at the minute and I wish him nothing but the best we all make mistakes and could go down the wrong path but strength is in admitting your mistakes and learning from them. 

Did it ever occur to you when signing up that you were one hyphen away from summing up all your posts you've ever made in one word?

5 hours ago, FUM said:

Did you watch WWE when Mike Tyson was there? How about when Stone Cold was there?

I didn't, but that was my personal choice .  I didn't badger anyone else to do so and anyone who who badgered me was told to fuck off.  People boycott things for all manner of reasons that seem stupid to others, but that's the thing with principles.  If you aren't 100% with a principle then it's not a principle, it's a hobby.

Archived