5 star wrestling

matty_kissarmy

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
37 minutes ago, thescottishchamp87 said:

So basically less than 1% of the viewers is watching

'Share' is slightly different in UK to US. The figures from BARB for Freesports (which are estimates based on their panel) mean:

* On an average day, 117,000 people watched the channel for at least a minute. That's 0.19% of all viewers.

* Across the week, 519,000 people watched the channel for at least a minute. That's 0.86 percent of all people.

* The average person watches the channel for one minute a week, which is 0.04 percent of the total time they watch TV/

To put the channel into context, the most watched individual show in January had 30,200 viewers.

11 hours ago, BomberPat said:

British Basketball is already on Freesports, in case you didn't know.

I'm in Plymouth on Thursday, and was considering popping down to see what's going on. Might be an even more interesting situation if the show's been cancelled and they're waiting until the day to tell people again.

I do thats why i mentioned it

Yeah I think the smaller sized arenas [of which there are quite a few dotted around the UK and Ireland] served them much better.
It's all about perception and a full building [albeit a smaller one] with a hotter crowd who are not used to seeing bigger names like Rey Mysterio etc [unlike Sheffield, Liverpool etc who get WWE] was really a benefit.

Nice to see Matt Riddle too. Enjoyed it.

• Paid Members

Good to hear that the most recent show was better, and using the likes of Matt Riddle is a step in the right direction - if the show continues after the likes of Rey Mysterio and Jack Swagger are gone, there are plenty of cheaper indie talents like Riddle that might not have the same immediate name value, but are probably a better long-term investment, and have more buzz around them; and it's clear that the major ex-WWE names aren't working for them more often than not anyway.

One thing they absolutely have to work on is local advertising. I'd assumed that they were doing a lot of it, given that when they were building to the first show they were Tweeting about how great their posters and banners looked, and they seem to have had the odd story in various regional newspapers, but I was in Plymouth yesterday - the day of the show - and actually arrived there the night before, and I saw nothing dotted around the town advertising this show. Not one poster or flyer anywhere in the city centre or around the university campus.

The only mention I saw of anything related to the show was, while at the University for a conference, seeing a photo of Eddie Ryan on the University intranet, accompanying a story about him as a University alumnus. But, because it was in that context, the headline referred to him by his real name, and didn't mention the name of the promotion, or the date, time or location of the show. So that barely qualifies as advertising.

Archived