5 star wrestling

matty_kissarmy

• Paid Members

It would be interesting to know how ticket sales have gone since they started the TV shows. They should be using the shows to put on can't miss TV and to promote the sense that you have to see them live. That's not what I'm getting from It, and anyone who pays £163 for a ticket is some sort of mentalist. 

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not too hard to work out. Maybe 900 for the first show (many papered I'm sure - certainly most were £15 earlybird tix), 600 last week and maybe 700 this week? I think they'll do better in Plymouth next week. It's a much smaller arena from my memory of working there and seems like a place where there's less to do entertainment wise. Plus Eddie Ryan will have all his friends and family there presumably......

• Paid Members

That's not really what I meant Phil. What I meant was, say they are selling 50 tickets per day over all the arenas. After the shows started to air did that number go up or down. If they were doing their job correctly that number should have gone up. I'm willing to bet that it didn't. 

I see. I'm not even sure they're promoting it anymore outside of those billboards they had before they started. They barely managed to list the upcoming dates on the live show - ON THE FUCKING TELEVISION SHOW! - that people who might want to go might be watching already!!!

Also I'm curious as to why there is no show on March 15th. I honestly believe it's because they forgot to book an arena.....

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Just watching the show now as I figured I'd at least give it a chance. Swagger's promo, fuck me that was rotten. The crowd reacted to nothing he gave them and gave him nothing in return. Size of that crowd too. 600 at the most? There's no way they can possibly be making any money on these shows if that's the number they're drawing. Leeds Arena for £163!? That must be some sort of meet & greet package surely? Who in their right mind would pay that for just a ticket? By the looks of it you could buy the cheapest ticket then get a free upgrade.

Zack Gibson must have given Rey the lightest tap on the back that's ever been seen.

Whatever happened to that 5000 man tournament they were supposed to be having?

Yeah. It's VIP. You get a Meet & Greet with the roster, early entry and "a limited edition signed merch TBA) not sure what said merch is. Haven't come across anybody online who did it.

As for the tournament. Seems it's still on their agenda judging by an interview on their website.

As for the Hagar promo. The crowd was mild as anything. Weird to think one of the loudest moments was Gibson suggesting going home to watch Takeshi's Castle repeats.

21 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Just watching the show now as I figured I'd at least give it a chance. Swagger's promo, fuck me that was rotten. The crowd reacted to nothing he gave them and gave him nothing in return. Size of that crowd too. 600 at the most? There's no way they can possibly be making any money on these shows if that's the number they're drawing. Leeds Arena for £163!? That must be some sort of meet & greet package surely? Who in their right mind would pay that for just a ticket? By the looks of it you could buy the cheapest ticket then get a free upgrade.

Zack Gibson must have given Rey the lightest tap on the back that's ever been seen.

Whatever happened to that 5000 man tournament they were supposed to be having?

£150 for VIP plus add £13 for booking fees

20 hours ago, Philjax said:

I see. I'm not even sure they're promoting it anymore outside of those billboards they had before they started. They barely managed to list the upcoming dates on the live show - ON THE FUCKING TELEVISION SHOW! - that people who might want to go might be watching already!!!

Also I'm curious as to why there is no show on March 15th. I honestly believe it's because they forgot to book an arena.....

On the original dates for last year they where suppose to do a show in London at the Copper Box Arena

19 hours ago, Jon-Carr_92 said:

Yeah. It's VIP. You get a Meet & Greet with the roster, early entry and "a limited edition signed merch TBA) not sure what said merch is. Haven't come across anybody online who did it.

As for the tournament. Seems it's still on their agenda judging by an interview on their website.

As for the Hagar promo. The crowd was mild as anything. Weird to think one of the loudest moments was Gibson suggesting going home to watch Takeshi's Castle repeats.

Takeshi Castle is better than 5 star wrestling right now

• Paid Members

Off-topic trivia note of the day: the host of Takeshi's Castle once worked as a heel manager for New Japan bringing in Vader, who beat Inoki in under three minutes. It prompted an hour-long riot that got them banned from their biggest venue for several months and their TV show moved out of prime time, cutting their TV revenue.

• Paid Members

Have I missed anything decent on the last show? I have it recorded, but have a massive backlog of work needs doing which is eating into my spare time and didn't want to waste the bit of time I have spare watching dross...

7 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

Have I missed anything decent on the last show? I have it recorded, but have a massive backlog of work needs doing which is eating into my spare time and didn't want to waste the bit of time I have spare watching dross...

I agree with Philjax in that The UK Hooligans are ALWAYS good value & manage to get a half decent reaction out of a dead crowd. So at least check out their match & skip the rest of the the show if you are busy.

Archived