5 star wrestling

matty_kissarmy

is anyone going to any 5 star wrestling shows in the uk this year?, a lot of negative comments going round about the company, I do hope its a success will be great to have a weekly UK televised show, first event is in the echo arena Liverpool, John Morrison vs RVD for the 5 star championship is the only announced match so far.

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
2 minutes ago, matty_kissarmy said:

John Morrison vs RVD for the 5 star championship is the only announced match so far.

Wow, when did the rest of the 512-man tournament happen for them to reach the final so soon?

Fuck this promotion basically.

• Paid Members

Last year we hosted the biggest match up to take place in the UK in decades, when current WWE Superstar AJ Styles went one-on-one with the legendary Rey Mysterio

From their website. I mean, fuck a duck. The biggest match to take place in the UK in DECADES.

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, chelsea2298 said:

If anything I hope it doesn't succeed. The British wrestling scene is buzzing and yet they're main eventing a show with 2 ex wwe fly ins. 

Although I'm not into it, I realise that British wrestling is bigger than it's been for several years. Bit harsh wishing ill on a company for headlining with imports though surely?

I'd understand if it was the Boogeyman v Hacksaw Jim Duggan on the bill, but we're not exactly talking jobbers here are we? 

As an outsider to the product, I'm still perplexed how Progress etc are doing so well. But you're not going to grab the casual fan with a roster of British wrestlers that the general public have never heard of are you? 

If Joe public fancies goes to the arena or flicks over to see Rey Myserio and RVD but are impressed by the undercard, surely that can't be seen as a bad thing?

50 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Although I'm not into it, I realise that British wrestling is bigger than it's been for several years. Bit harsh wishing ill on a company for headlining with imports though surely?

I'd understand if it was the Boogeyman v Hacksaw Jim Duggan on the bill, but we're not exactly talking jobbers here are we? 

As an outsider to the product, I'm still perplexed how Progress etc are doing so well. But you're not going to grab the casual fan with a roster of British wrestlers that the general public have never heard of are you? 

If Joe public fancies goes to the arena or flicks over to see Rey Myserio and RVD but are impressed by the undercard, surely that can't be seen as a bad thing?

I Dunno, PROGRESS have sold out Brixton Acadamy and Ally Pally the last two years and will probably be pretty close to selling Wembley arena out this year as well. You have to remember this company cancelled dates because they simply couldn't sell tickets then blamed the cancellations on the Manchester terror attacks, a lot of the ill will doesn't just come from fact that they are import heavy, but because what they've done in their brief existence has been pretty shitty. 

• Paid Members

5 minutes ago, chelsea2298 said:

I Dunno, PROGRESS have sold out Brixton Acadamy and Ally Pally the last two years and will probably be pretty close to selling Wembley arena out this year as well. You have to remember this company cancelled dates because they simply couldn't sell tickets then blamed the cancellations on the Manchester terror attacks, a lot of the ill will doesn't just come from fact that they are import heavy, but because what they've done in their brief existence has been pretty shitty. 

If they have a bad reputation, then fair enough. But in your original post you just referred to the use of imports which although carrying an element of risk, is a tried and tested method of successful promotion throughout the western world.

They booked wrestlers for loads of shows, then cancelled on them and offered no compensation. Either leaving them to scramble for spots on already booked shows , possible at a lower rate, or have no income at all for those dates. They aren’t a good impression of uk shows from the poorly attended shows they actully put on a few years back. 

uk scene I believe is doing well through positive word of mouth, fans go to shows, are impressed, talk to friends who go, who invite their friends etc. Not from watching smackdown 2006 undercard in a 1/3 full hockey aren’t like 5 star offer as entertainment 

Use of imports had been done that often its more tired than tried way to run a uk show. It’s been burnt out for these old names 

Archived