Raw is 25!

HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

Marty Jannetty winning the IC title from Shawn in 93 is my earliest memory. Raw wasn't shown on Sky back then but pretty much all of it was on WWF Mania anyway.

Says a lot about me more than anything, but the last time I was a regular viewer was January 2010 when Bret Hart returned and the build-up to HBK v Undertaker II. Other than that there's very little that springs to mind over recent years other than CM Punk's pipebomb.

I didn't actually have Sky during 1998 when most of the 'iconic' stuff happened and although I was around for the Attitude era, I still consider 'my period' to be 1993 to late '97.

Some moments that immediately spring to my mind are Shawn Michaels being knocked out by that Owen spin kick in 95 and Jim Ross' heel turn in 96. 

1997 Raws in general were just superb. The change in the product from January to December is unrecognisable but was of that sweet spot before they went full-on crazy attitude.

There are so many moments to list, pretty much anything involving the Hart Foundation and early DX was must see TV, plus that Triple H v Cactus Jack streetfight. Beautiful stuff.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
13 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Jim Ross' heel turn in 96.

I love his little run in 99, building his own table in front of King and Cole and having Doc stood guard. To this day the first 5 thngs that spring to mind when I think of JR are his passionate plugs for fruity, delicious, delicious, fruity baw gaud they're fruity skittles, puppy killing, that comedy rap some one did on YouTube, never getting the Hardys names right but most of all and first on the list it's him screaming 'he broke my damn table' after Bob Hollys foot sort of clipped it as he and Billy fucked up a bit. 

Owen vs. Bulldog is my all time favourite Raw match, purely for the one upmanship and wrestling itself. 

Austin during 97-99 was pure class even if it's pure cheese looking back. 

Goldberg returning to raw in 03 was lovely too.

I'm also a fan of the old school Raw. 

• Awards Moderator
24 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Austin beating Kane the night after King Of The Ring 98 - people are literally punching the air.

That's a great shout. The way he breaks up the title ceremony in it's little glass case, the very fact he won it back at all the very next night... Great show. 

2 hours ago, Tommy! said:

I love his little run in 99, building his own table in front of King and Cole and having Doc stood guard. To this day the first 5 thngs that spring to mind when I think of JR are his passionate plugs for fruity, delicious, delicious, fruity baw gaud they're fruity skittles, puppy killing, that comedy rap some one did on YouTube, never getting the Hardys names right but most of all and first on the list it's him screaming 'he broke my damn table' after Bob Hollys foot sort of clipped it as he and Billy fucked up a bit. 

There was a fantastic segment on one of those raws with Dr death and JR at a frat house for spring break and JR shouting where are the girls.  I think they kept going back to them later in the show and it ended in a frat house brawl between Dr death and Bart Gunn or someone on that  level it used to be on YouTube but I can't find it now. 

The Seattle crowd hijacking Raw in the closing segment when they were trying to build the interiminable feud between Cena and Orton, chanting for Daniel Bryan for about 20 minutes. It wasn't just the crowd acting up/being knobs, it was a firm "you've fucked this up" where their main event creative had really hit a low point and they needed telling. 

• Paid Members

Cripes so many that I love...

DX getting back together in 2006. There is a run of Raws that year with HBK/HHH building up to the reunion involving the Spirit Squad and the McMahons that pays off so beautifully (and is then squandered a week later)

The Rock returns in 2011

Cactus/The Rock/Too Cool vs DX/The Radicalz - bloody great Raw with a story start to finish

HHH vs Y2J in 2000 with the title bait and switch 

Ric Flair “THE CONSORTIUM WAS ME!!”

Flair/Michaels old yella promo

Both men’s retirement speeches

Festival of friendship

Ultimate Warriror’s literally ultimate speech

Shane returning in 2016, despite how ridiculous it got 

Mankind wins the title for the first time 

NWO vs Austin/The Rock

HBK nailing Shelton

Eddie Tributes

Owen Tributes

So many more too...

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Tommy! said:

I love his little run in 99, building his own table in front of King and Cole and having Doc stood guard. To this day the first 5 thngs that spring to mind when I think of JR are his passionate plugs for fruity, delicious, delicious, fruity baw gaud they're fruity skittles, puppy killing, that comedy rap some one did on YouTube, never getting the Hardys names right but most of all and first on the list it's him screaming 'he broke my damn table' after Bob Hollys foot sort of clipped it as he and Billy fucked up a bit. 

I forgot all about that! Do you mean this one? 

"30 men will enter...my ass." 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Max Power said:

Austin beating Kane the night after King Of The Ring 98 - people are literally punching the air.

Thats right up there for best episode for me, along with the night after WM14. They immediately stand out.

There was a fantastic segment on one of those raws with Dr death and JR at a frat house for spring break and JR shouting where are the girls.  I think they kept going back to them later in the show and it ended in a frat house brawl between Dr death and Bart Gunn or someone on that  level it used to be on YouTube but I can't find it now. 

Do you mean this one?

Do you mean this one?

One that’s not been mentioned, or that I’ve missed, was the formation of The Rock & Sock Connection. The thing everyone remembers from them is the This is Your Lifebit, but the episode where they first teamed up was great. Like so many episodes at the time, the storyline running through it just flowed together in a way it doesn’t tend to anymore. The two sides f them had been such bitter rivals, it was such a novelty seeing them on the same side. I loved Mick having a go at imitating the People’s Elbow.

Archived