2018 is bloody lovely

Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

She was really nervous going in and said that she was most worried about letting me down if she didn't do well. So I sat her down and explained that wouldn't be the case at all and so on, and pointed out to her how well she's done considering that through pretty much her whole Year 5 she was being bullied by a group of boys, and she was still turning in top marks on her report cards despite all that. She even said that she enjoyed doing it so we're obviously really optimistic about it.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of a follow on from my post about the young one getting into wrestling and getting his first figures. It's now quickly evolved into running his figure fed territory. The wrestling isn't top quality and his booking is way out there (Xavier Woods as WWE Champ...), but for a 3 year old, I can't believe how quickly he's got into/I've pushed him into it haha! He'a catching me by surprise by recognising and naming guys I wouldn't expect him to know. 

Proud as hell seeing him get lost into it all, especially when he's watching it too, reminds me so much of when I was his age getting hooked to it all.20180112_104041.jpg

Side note: Can't believe how expensive the figures/rings are, for serious collectors that must be one hell of a burner in the pocket!

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Might have stuck this in the Relationship thread as a sequel to my meltdown of 2010 but feels better putting it here. I had my first date in 5 years on Saturday gone. Short version, it went about as well as first dates can, I'm seeing her again next Tuesday and best I can tell, I'm about to fall into a relationship. I've spent most of my life and especially the last 7 years feeling like being wanted and having a shot at love happens to other people, not to me. So this is pretty surreal. Doubt anyone remembers but I suppose I want to say thanks to anyone that gave me encouraging words back at the time of my heartbreak, and to anyone going through a rough time, love life wise... don't give up.

Enjoy the ride @air_raid Hope all turns out well!

-

Not so much anything major but enjoying Dad/Lad time today since his nursery got closed with the snow. Spent all morning watching old eps of Wrestling Challenge (Boss Man is his current favourite, so proud!). He comes up, says "Daddy, I just want cuddles"...2 mins later and I have him drooling and snoring away on me. Love moments like this with him.

Screenshot_20180228_111142.jpg

Scaring me that he's 3 in just over a week. The time seems to have flown by! 

Anyway, good to see this thread getting active again, all the best chaps!

• Awards Moderator
On 27/02/2018 at 6:46 PM, air_raid said:

Might have stuck this in the Relationship thread as a sequel to my meltdown of 2010 but feels better putting it here. I had my first date in 5 years on Saturday gone. Short version, it went about as well as first dates can, I'm seeing her again next Tuesday and best I can tell, I'm about to fall into a relationship. I've spent most of my life and especially the last 7 years feeling like being wanted and having a shot at love happens to other people, not to me. So this is pretty surreal. Doubt anyone remembers but I suppose I want to say thanks to anyone that gave me encouraging words back at the time of my heartbreak, and to anyone going through a rough time, love life wise... don't give up.

That's great to read. I vaguely remember (I'm very old and forgetful) you having a shitter of a time a while back but I'd never have guessed 8 years ago. Being single for a long period of time can not only mess up your confidence, it can make the sheer thought of any kind of date absolutely terrifying and (at least in my own experience) lead to avoiding the chance of meeting someone for fear of it going tits up or your brain convincing you that you're not worthy of the person's time, you'll be a let-down, they'll be bored etc. etc. It's a fair old period of time between your last and most recent date so it's fantastic seeing it go the right way and you're not left second-guessing yourself over how you see it turning out. Really uplifting and hopefully it works as you hope/expect it to. Nice one.

• Paid Members

Bit random.. My little un’ has had two allergic reactions at nursery in the last 2 months after her lunch. Poor little egg had full on swollen eyes and lips, spots/rash and wasn’t great at all. We had to wait about 6 weeks but went in for a test today and turns out she’s allergic to sesame (hummus being the offender).

Whilst I hate the fact she now must avoid certain food, I’m absolutely over the moon we managed to identify straight away what the reaction was because of.  6 weeks of not having a clue has been really difficult. Although we could rank it down to 1 of 7 possible foods (same things eaten on those specific days), it’s being shit due to the fact it could have been a specific ingredient, meaning loads of nail biting wherever we fed her.

Anyway, thankfully we now know and can feed her without bloody shaking.

Good news, and while definitely crap at least it's a more manageable allergy than some. We definitely count our blessings that our kids don't have any health or allergy issues, especially as I have several allergies myself the girls seems to have avoided them.

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Frankie Crisp said:

That's great to read. I vaguely remember (I'm very old and forgetful) you having a shitter of a time a while back but I'd never have guessed 8 years ago. Being single for a long period of time can not only mess up your confidence, it can make the sheer thought of any kind of date absolutely terrifying and (at least in my own experience) lead to avoiding the chance of meeting someone for fear of it going tits up or your brain convincing you that you're not worthy of the person's time, you'll be a let-down, they'll be bored etc. etc. It's a fair old period of time between your last and most recent date so it's fantastic seeing it go the right way and you're not left second-guessing yourself over how you see it turning out. Really uplifting and hopefully it works as you hope/expect it to. Nice one.

Thanks dude. I actually have known the girl for 11 years before the first date and it became apparent on Christmas Day that the "lets meet up" conversation had date connotations... I'd bore you with how much stuff suddenly makes sense but the best thing has been that she was in a heartbroken, low-in-confidence place and now I get to let out (at last) how beautiful she's always been to me, and see how happy she seems to be. It's amazing.

What a day, took my boy to St James' to watch Newcastle for his 3rd birthday, got us seats 2 rows from the pitch in the Gallowgate, cracking game. Had worried he'd be overwhelmed by it all, with a sold out crowd going nuts, as to a young'un that could be massively intimidating, but it was amazing to see him getting right into it, shouting "TOON TOON, BLACK N WHITE ARMY" alongside 52,000 others. Just one of those moments that I'll never forget. Proud dad day all around. Felt more like my birthday as well as his haha! 

Hope everyone in here's still doing good!!

28951877_2087957891434941_33539352455723 

28872733_2087957811434949_17309673919002

Archived