The Merry Christmas (and what are you doing and what did you get) Thread

SpursRiot2012

We've just got back from my folks house so it's time for presents from me and the wife to eachother. We opened one this morning just to get the day started, she got the complete Frasier DVD set which I'm well chuffed with. It's only ever on TV on channel 4 mornings nowadays (I got into it when it was on Comedy Central in the early Sky Digital days) and I'm always at work so never get to see it anymore. I know I could sky+ it, but it's not like they play the episodes in order. 44 discs of Kelsey Grammer's silky smooth tones, we're off to a good start

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I feel so offensively full. 

Christmas telly is shite this year. Phil Mitchell at 9? Victoria prime time? Have a word.

Currently watching dogging with Paul O'Grady. Double misery; not only am I having to watch dogs be upset, I'm also having to watch Paul O'Grady. 

Food was great and I'll put photos in the cooking thread later, but Christ, doing vegetarian and meat versions of loads of stuff has killed me. 

I had a good day apart from getting completely fucking soaked trough to my pants walking back from dinner. I am afraid my friends think I am a pisshead, Due to getting a 3 litre bottle of Jack Daniels 2 normal bottles and a small bottle along with a tumbler glass. I now have enough Tennessee sour mash whiskey to last me until Summer. 

So, all in all my wife has gone spoilt me good & proper as she always does. 

Heat changing Street Fighter mug, 'Homer's Odyssey: An Embiggened Simpsons Guide' book, a bunch of comic books, Rammstein tshirt, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm DVD, South Park: The Fractured But Whole and WWE 2K18 on PS4, Dave Gorman tickets...and that's just a few from the wife.

Add that to my Hull KR season pass, money for my ticket to Bloodstock 2018, I'm very lucky

• Paid Members

Good to hear. My wife and I agreed a £30 limit this year due to being skint after house move etc, with the idea of going away in Easter. She didn’t stick to the limit, ha, I went just over but also decided to make her something. Took a huge risk in case I completely fucked it up, and even spent 20 mins on finishing touches last night. Anyway, since moving the poor lass has been sat on the landing floor to put her make up on etc. So o made her a vanity/make up desk and seat. I’m actually impressed that it’s finished. The legs were off one of those old exam tables, so I made the top, pottered the tiles, made the necklace tree out of some bamboo and painted the mirror. The seat was a box used for planting I think, so made a lid on hinges, and made the a cushioned seat, painted the box etc.

Anyway, she is over the moon with it, first time I’ve really attempted something like this. Amazing feeling to see her really happy with something I’ve made. About 6 hours work in total without drying time. 

CF6A5175-210C-4C86-A2E2-AC7F530E49C4.jpeg

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Good to hear. My wife and I agreed a £30 limit this year due to being skint after house move etc, with the idea of going away in Easter. She didn’t stick to the limit, ha, I went just over but also decided to make her something. Took a huge risk in case I completely fucked it up, and even spent 20 mins on finishing touches last night. Anyway, since moving the poor lass has been sat on the landing floor to put her make up on etc. So o made her a vanity/make up desk and seat. I’m actually impressed that it’s finished. The legs were off one of those old exam tables, so I made the top, pottered the tiles, made the necklace tree out of some bamboo and painted the mirror. The seat was a box used for planting I think, so made a lid on hinges, and made the a cushioned seat, painted the box etc.

Anyway, she is over the moon with it, first time I’ve really attempted something like this. Amazing feeling to see her really happy with something I’ve made. About 6 hours work in total without drying time. 

CF6A5175-210C-4C86-A2E2-AC7F530E49C4.jpeg

That is bloody impressive.  

Firstly, Kaz that is fantastic.

Health not good recently(INSERT VIOLIN GIF HERE) but enjoyed day and had plenty of energy.  Received great gifts which included beers, ales and whiskey.  Spend hour or so in pub then back to my friends for a three bird roast.

I hope everyone on this incredible place had a good Christmas.

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, Ralphy said:

In terms of a UK xmas vs a USA xmas, what significant differences (if any) have you noticed? 

Nothing planned for me today, just going to try and eat without being poorly, which is hard for me, and perhaps visit my mate in the afternoon 

I'd say the most significant difference is the food.  We had prime rib, green bean casserole, potatoes and scalloped oysters.  

I also live in a very snowy region, so I've had a white Christmas for as long as I can remember here.  

It's just as commercialized here as it is back home, if not more.   

Had a quiet one with the other half, presents, movies and me cooking. Can't get turkey here and full sized chickens are pretty shabby so did some winngs and thighs with all the trimmings. Typical to my other half she enjoyed the carbonara I made quickly the night before most but that did come out really well. Are the rest of the potatoes and gravy this morning which has left me in a food coma. Thankfully I got to work at midday and found the company y has closed due to typhoon risk yesterday. Although it's sad how many people died in the Philippines, it was a pleasant surprise to me especially as it shifted south of where I am meaning I can catch up on my studies in the sunshine. Although seeing photos and talking to friends and family makes me miss home massively

Archived